Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Super excited. Just got a brand new RAV4 XSE Hybrid in magnetic grey. This car is so AWSOME. I love the look, performance, and features. As far as I know I’m one of a very small number of people to have one this early. At least in my area. This is my first RAV4. I got it after my Camry was totaled in a accident. My wife and daughter were in the car when it was rear ended at a stop light. The safety of the car saved their lives so I wanted to go with another Toyota and thought I’d try the RAV4. When I saw and then drove the 2019 XSE I had to have it. I’ve been getting ton of looks from everyone where ever i go. The regular RAV4 2019’s look super cool but the XSE takes it to another level. Super happy with the purchase so far. Love to hear other people’s thoughts. Also love to hear some ideas of cool mods. Hoping to see some other fellow XSE’s out on the road to talk to.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am awaiting the same, an XSE in magnetic grey. How are you feeling about the suspension? I'm hoping it's not too stiff, my off-road days are dwindling. I test drove one, out of town, and it seemed fine on the limited smooth roads I was able to experience. I'm also am a bit bummed about the black-top-only scheme for this trim, I live in the hot interior valley of California. But otherwise I'm excited.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I hear the gas in CA is going to near $5 a gallon.. hello Jersey. $2.50 a gallon. Still love my Rav4 hybrid (230 miles on it and 38 mpg). Plus I have a 2016 Sonata Hybrid (44+ mpg).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My XSE handles great. I took it up to the lake last weekend. Lots of twisty turney’s on that road and it handled AWSOME. I had it in sport mode and I didn’t feel any noticeable body roll and it zipped right along. I’ve heard that the ride in the XSE is supposedly rougher due to the sport tuned suspension but it has been nothing but comfortable to me. Also I wouldn’t worry about the black roof I live in Napa and it can really hot up here as well. So far the car has stayed very cool. Plus the two tone paint job is just SIIIICK! I get a ton of looks from peeps when driving. By the way I’m thinking of changing my badging to all black. What do my fellow ToyNation peeps think? Also does anyone know if they make a black badge for the hybrid logo?

·
Registered
10 Posts
The "Blackout Emblem Overlays", which I suspect is what you refer to by "black badge", shows as an accessory for the gas models but not for the HV on Toyota's build-site. I'm guessing you could get this from the dealer but it wouldn't include the Hybrid overlay, which I suspect is your thinking here. I'm considering this myself and would like to do this for the steering wheel logo as well. To this effect, I got a drag-knife for my CNC machine and will experiment with cutting one out myself.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Let us know how it comes out. I really like the blacked out look for all the emblems. What do you think about the running boards for the XSE. Do you think they look good? I was considering them but not completely sure if they are the right visual fit. Thoughts?

·
Registered
10 Posts
No running boards for me, they just seem superfluous. Plus the additional cost would supply the 2019 HV with gas for half a year! I'm also not a fan of the pano roof. But, then again, I question the moonroof-as-standard-equipment as well. I'll probably open it once to see how it works then be done with it. The only additional equipment I'm considering, besides the badge black-outs, is the carpet mat package and the roof rack. I would consider the JBLs as well but I don't want to pay that much for the associated Entune upgrade required. I am considering opting for a Limited over the XSE to get the JBLs and avoid the two-tone scheme with the black roof. (Compared to Napa, it averages 6.1° warmer here in Chico!)

How do you feel about the black headliner in the XSE? Not too dark inside?

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
No running boards for me, they just seem superfluous. Plus the additional cost would supply the 2019 HV with gas for half a year! I'm also not a fan of the pano roof. But, then again, I question the moonroof-as-standard-equipment as well. I'll probably open it once to see how it works then be done with it. The only additional equipment I'm considering, besides the badge black-outs, is the carpet mat package and the roof rack. I would consider the JBLs as well but I don't want to pay that much for the associated Entune upgrade required. I am considering opting for a Limited over the XSE to get the JBLs and avoid the two-tone scheme with the black roof. (Compared to Napa, it averages 6.1° warmer here in Chico!)

How do you feel about the black headliner in the XSE? Not too dark inside?
Before you buy the Toyota Carpet Floor Mats, shop around a bit, there are better options at similar cost....

For just one example:

https://www.lloydmatsstore.com/luxe-floor-mats

·
Registered
10 Posts
Before you buy the Toyota Carpet Floor Mats, shop around a bit, there are better options at similar cost....

For just one example:

https://www.lloydmatsstore.com/luxe-floor-mats
Hmmm. . . Unless I'm missing something, these cost substantially more than the OEM mats, $413 vs. $269 (actually $205 when you get an invoice deal as it appears I am). My current Highlander mats look pretty good at 64k miles except for the heel-hole from my pedal foot. The new Rav4 mats appear to have a rubber reinforced area here to alleviate that issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The black head liner looks great in my opinion. I also have both the JBL and panoramic package. Although it’s overpriced i think the JBL system sounds AWSOME. I had the JBL package on my 2009 Corolla XRS and it has always performed great. I also love the panoramic roof (and so does my 3 year old daughter). The glass top adds natural light that’s makes the whole inside of the car feel bigger/more open. My XSE came with the roof rack. It’s cool to have but unless I’m needing to haul extra gear I will be removing it and keeping it in the garage. When I have it attached and the moonroof open I get a lot of wind noise from the rack.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Hmmm. . . Unless I'm missing something, these cost substantially more than the OEM mats, $413 vs. $269 (actually $205 when you get an invoice deal as it appears I am). My current Highlander mats look pretty good at 64k miles except for the heel-hole from my pedal foot. The new Rav4 mats appear to have a rubber reinforced area here to alleviate that issue.
Oops, my bad, I neglected to mention that the Lloyds Mats have a lifetime guarantee.

They definitely will cost more, but if you keep vehicles until they have >200,000 miles (like we do), you'll be ahead in the end. If you trade every few years, then your definitely better of with the Toyota products.

It's just been my experience that the Toyota accessory products have at least a 50% profit built in to them, so after about three years, they start to look a bit worn, especially around the edges.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The black head liner looks great in my opinion. I also have both the JBL and panoramic package. Although it’s overpriced i think the JBL system sounds AWSOME. I had the JBL package on my 2009 Corolla XRS and it has always performed great. I also love the panoramic roof (and so does my 3 year old daughter). The glass top adds natural light that’s makes the whole inside of the car feel bigger/more open. My XSE came with the roof rack. It’s cool to have but unless I’m needing to haul extra gear I will be removing it and keeping it in the garage. When I have it attached and the moonroof open I get a lot of wind noise from the rack.
I've read your mileage take a mild hit from the roof rack as well. So, I'll probably do the same, keep it off until needed. Glad to hear you like the JBLs, they've been my choice in speakers since I built my first stereo system in 1966. But I got a bit worried by many negative reviews about their implementation in Toyotas. Also not sure if the acquisition of JBL by Harman affected quality, my home speakers pre-date this. However, it appears many who were dissatisfied with earlier renditions are happy with the system in the new Rav4.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I took some pics of the new XSE. Thought I’d share them. I was a little concerned that I got the wrong color as I was really digging the blizzard pearl color that I see in all the advertisements. But ultimately I got the best color for me with the magnetic grey. Dam this car looks great!!!!. By the way does anyone know how to adjust the brightness of the Entune display (not the driving gages) and maybe the map color? I could have sworn that I saw the map on a YouTube video that had black background instead of white. I would like to darken the entune display during night driving as it’s super bright.( I’ve been getting a tan from this thing😂).

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Drove 4hrs to get my xse, no one in my area had the xse, blizzard pear with pano roof. Luv the vehicle..
Seeking black out badges for the xse, awd and hybrid. Let me know if you here that that are available.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can anyone who has the XSE tell me your thoughts on the headlights? The IIHS report on the XSE headlights is a poor rating, which makes me very nervous. Do you feel you see well with what you've got?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
8 Participants
AKMayes
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing