Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for an exhaust for my 2019 XSE V6 since I bought it. All I could find was a couple videos of the STE Performance muffler delete but quickly found they were no longer making them. I wasn't sure I was looking for a muffler delete anyway (possible inspection issues, CEL, too loud, etc?).

In October I called a few companies to see if I could have an exhaust custom made. Most local shops estimated between $400-$500 but I had to provide my own tips and they all pinch or pressure bent their pipes. They also wanted to cut and weld (mig) the exhaust onto the existing flanges which means I would have to cut it back off if I wanted to change it back.

MagnaFlow released the Street Series Cat-Back Performance Exhaust System #19411 not too long after, but it was out of stock everywhere. It seems like it's in stock now ($30 higher than it was originally) so I am curious if anyone has bought/installed one on their Camry and what they think about it. I'm also looking for other suggestions or alternative exhaust options if anyone has any recommendations. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Check out Borla, I just put a Borla cat back on my taco and love it. Just a tad louder than stock, the better stainless steel I think its 304 not the 409, I think those are the correct numbers.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check out Borla, I just put a Borla cat back on my taco and love it. Just a tad louder than stock, the better stainless steel I think its 304 not the 409, I think those are the correct numbers.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk
I checked out Borla and it still says "Coming Soon" for the Camry. I will give them a call to see if they have an actual estimate on when it will be available. Thanks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What about the camry TRD exhaust?

I kind of like the dual tips on each side, but depending on the cost, look, and sound of the TRD, I would be open to it. Maybe I'll swing into a dealer to take a look at one (and hear it) in person. The pricing seems to be around $1200 (one of the links in the other thread takes you to TracyToyota which is $990 but estimates nearly $300 in shipping).

If anyone in NH/MA has a muffler delete, MagnaFlow, or other setup on their Camry, I would love to take a look if possible.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I called Borla and they said that the Camry exhaust should be out in about 2 weeks.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Do you think our rear diffuser would look funny with the TRD exhaust because it’s just single tipped?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
2018 Camry XSE V6
2,297 Posts
The concern is that the camry XSE/SE has a different diffuser than the TRD. The TRD's diffuser is made to fit only one on each side. The XSE/SE camry has a diffuser made for dual tip on each side. Same with the XLE/LE, different diffuser, made to fit only one on each side.

If you look at the link above that i posted. On post #27 you'll see how it looks like on a regular Avalon. It still looks great on it without the TRD diffuser.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just bought a 2020 XSE v6. I did purchase the TRD exhaust from the factory. Just waiting for it to arrive at the dealer and have them install. After it’s installed I can update with pics and video if anyone wants.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just bought a 2020 XSE v6. I did purchase the TRD exhaust from the factory. Just waiting for it to arrive at the dealer and have them install. After it’s installed I can update with pics and video if anyone wants.
Pictures and/or video would be great. Do you mind if I ask how much the factory TRD exhaust cost (unless you worked it into the deal while buying the car). I tried going to the closest Toyota dealer but their parts department was closed at the time and they didn't have any TRD's in stock so I couldn't see what it looked like or hear it.
Congrats on your new purchase!

·
Registered
8 Posts
What area are you in, because this whole car buying things was a nightmare.
It was not worked into the deal. Cost after taxes from dealer was $1400. But I had it out into my and the dealership is installing for free. Make sure the dealership can get it

Our experience:
we test drove the TRD before getting the XSE. Me and my wife both like the sound of the TRD but wanted all the things the XSE came with. So we told dealership we wanted the exhaust.(Other BS we went through but I’ll keep it to the exhaust.) 2 days after we signed for the car still hadn’t heard from dealer about the exhaust. I called and they said they can’t get it that Toyota factory won’t release it as an accessory part only a replacement part if you if a TRD and the exhaust broke (which is why you don’t see it all over the internet.) I basically told themI don’t want this car then and finally the next day they made some story they could get it but had to jump through hoops and some loop holes to get it. Whatever I just want my exhaust. Then they tell me they need to change the rear bumper to TRD and said no, I know the cut out is the same but the TRD has a filler piece to fill in the one diffuser instead of 2. So that’s where I’m at, once I get I’ll add photos and exhaust and exactly what had to be done.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Our experience:
we test drove the TRD before getting the XSE. Me and my wife both like the sound of the TRD but wanted all the things the XSE came with. So we told dealership we wanted the exhaust.(Other BS we went through but I’ll keep it to the exhaust.) 2 days after we signed for the car still hadn’t heard from dealer about the exhaust. I called and they said they can’t get it that Toyota factory won’t release it as an accessory part only a replacement part if you if a TRD and the exhaust broke (which is why you don’t see it all over the internet.) I basically told themI don’t want this car then and finally the next day they made some story they could get it but had to jump through hoops and some loop holes to get it. Whatever I just want my exhaust. Then they tell me they need to change the rear bumper to TRD and said no, I know the cut out is the same but the TRD has a filler piece to fill in the one diffuser instead of 2. So that’s where I’m at, once I get I’ll add photos and exhaust and exactly what had to be done.
The TRD has an exhaust exit on both sides, just like the XSE, but with different tips. It would make sense to get a TRD bumper to ensure that the final fitment looks good, since the two pieces were designed to be together on the TRD. The dealer is pushing this because you would complain if the TRD tips didn't center perfectly within the XSE cutouts, or if they stuck out too far, etc. I realize that I'm in the minority here, but I feel like you are being unnecessarily difficult with the dealer. Lots of extra work by everyone involved just because you're not happy with the sound.

·
straight cash homie
19,627 Posts
The TRD has an exhaust exit on both sides, just like the XSE, but with different tips. It would make sense to get a TRD bumper to ensure that the final fitment looks good, since the two pieces were designed to be together on the TRD. The dealer is pushing this because you would complain if the TRD tips didn't center perfectly within the XSE cutouts, or if they stuck out too far, etc. I realize that I'm in the minority here, but I feel like you are being unnecessarily difficult with the dealer. Lots of extra work by everyone involved just because you're not happy with the sound.
Basically, this means that the service department will be billing the sales department for the time and labor for the work, and it will come out of the profit on the car.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts