Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got a new 2019 Yaris, would like to add navigation to it. Searched around online and there are so many SD cards from so many places on eBay, Amazon, Toyota etc.... Anyone have recommendations for a place I can get it that will work, and preferably have the latest maps? Would really not like to pay Toyota $300+ for it.

·
Premium Member
2016 Corolla S Prem
3,616 Posts
You can't add Navigation to your factory HU if it did not come with it.
The map cards are updates for older maps on existing systems.
Your only source for a chip for a Toyota HU is going to be the Toyota.
A 2018/2019 is already going to have the current maps loaded from the factory. These systems generally run 3-4 years behind reality, you're really better off with Google/Apple Maps, or even Waze, which is crowd-supported and configuration updates are nearly immediate.

·
2,667 Posts
On the "Scion iA", the navigation upgrade was simply an SD card. granted it was 400 dollars for the card, but all you did was install it when the car was off and then, turn on the car. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I just got a new 2019 Yaris, would like to add navigation to it. Searched around online and there are so many SD cards from so many places on eBay, Amazon, Toyota etc.... Anyone have recommendations for a place I can get it that will work, and preferably have the latest maps? Would really not like to pay Toyota $300+ for it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts