Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a separate issue from the concave-ness/distortion that has been mentioned.

Is anyone experiencing very poorly installed/designed side mirrors that shake repeatedly on your 2019? It began happening on my XLE when it was only at highway speeds but now it is al the time and honestly, it's such a substantial vibration that I cannot use the mirrors.

The dealer claims it's a characteristic and refusing to do anything about it and made me have to open a case with manufacturing. They claim I have to wait until a fix is issued however I deem this a safety concern; particularly with lane changing. It's a major problem and I'm getting blown off like I don't matter and am ready to trade in and bite the loss because of how poorly the dealer and corporate are dealing with the situation. (This is on top of them already crditing me the alarm system back due to other install issues; I thought I was getting something reliable here)

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? I believe it warrants immediate action and at the most a safety recall given they confirmed a safety glitch is a "vehicular characteristic". It's extremely concerning and really want to gauge if others are going through this.

Thanks in advance for any insight/input you can bring to this. I've driven other models and some have the issue, some don't but there's no rhyme or reason to the types as it's in some premiums, XLEs, LEs, but not all. They believe it's the XLE's coming from Japan (not Texas).

·
Registered
93 Posts
This is a separate issue from the concave-ness/distortion that has been mentioned.

Is anyone experiencing very poorly installed/designed side mirrors that shake repeatedly on your 2019? It began happening on my XLE when it was only at highway speeds but now it is al the time and honestly, it's such a substantial vibration that I cannot use the mirrors.

The dealer claims it's a characteristic and refusing to do anything about it and made me have to open a case with manufacturing. They claim I have to wait until a fix is issued however I deem this a safety concern; particularly with lane changing. It's a major problem and I'm getting blown off like I don't matter and am ready to trade in and bite the loss because of how poorly the dealer and corporate are dealing with the situation. (This is on top of them already crditing me the alarm system back due to other install issues; I thought I was getting something reliable here)

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? I believe it warrants immediate action and at the most a safety recall given they confirmed a safety glitch is a "vehicular characteristic". It's extremely concerning and really want to gauge if others are going through this.

Thanks in advance for any insight/input you can bring to this. I've driven other models and some have the issue, some don't but there's no rhyme or reason to the types as it's in some premiums, XLEs, LEs, but not all. They believe it's the XLE's coming from Japan (not Texas).
While you're waiting for all of this to get sorted out, you could get a foam earplug or two and wedge them between the mirror and housing. Get a color that is inconspicuous.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Noticed it on test drive of 2 Rav4s. Between mirror shake and engine that sounds like it is going to scream out of the hood we are not buying one. Have a 02 lexus and 15 Tacoma and build quality is getting pretty bad. The door pillars start to flex open at 90mph and under high winds and has air noise. Cheap thin metal in the doors is causing my problem and mirror vibration.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
Summit87
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing