Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I don't really have a way to test drive right now but was wondreing if the XLE is more comfortable than the XSE?

I wan't a comfortable ride and don't want to pay more for the XSE if it rides worse than the XLE.

Thanks!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hi all,

I don't really have a way to test drive right now but was wondreing if the XLE is more comfortable than the XSE?

I wan't a comfortable ride and don't want to pay more for the XSE if it rides worse than the XLE.

Thanks!
The XLE has a more comfortable ride than the XSE, the biggest differentiator being the tires. The XLE has a significant 1" thicker sidewall to cushion bumps and noise (4.7" versus 3.7"), in addition to a "sport tuned suspension", which can only mean firmer settings. If ride comfort is priority, it's clearly the XLE.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have the limited..consumer reports recommended this trim for comfort.if its in your reach its as good if not better than a Lexus for comfort..sweet

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. So it seems the XSE although I like the looks better has a rougher ride. I'm assuming it's probalby still pretty comfortable either way.

The Limited or Touring would be great but I'd only buy one if I got an amazing deal. It's just too much.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Thanks for the info. So it seems the XSE although I like the looks better has a rougher ride. I'm assuming it's probalby still pretty comfortable either way.

The Limited or Touring would be great but I'd only buy one if I got an amazing deal. It's just too much.
Regrets happen when assumptions are made - XSE might be comfortable for you, it might not, it's a personal thing. Limited splits the difference between the XLE and XSE in regards to ride comfort. Happy shopping 😀

·
Registered
2019 Toyota Avalon
136 Posts
can always do what im doing. i love the XSE i have but the ride over the cracks and small bumps i dont like with the 19" wheels. so ill be getting new wheels and tires later this year. 18" and going with 245x45R18 tires.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’m coming from a new Tacoma and just thought the ride was too jarring and stiff.
Right now I’m stuck between choosing between the Camry XSE V6 fully loaded or the Avalon XSE.

·
Registered
82 Posts
XSE is sport tuned so I would expect a more stiff ride..look at a xle or limited if going for comfort....and Camry in my option is not an option over the Avalon

·
Registered
2019 Toyota Avalon
136 Posts
XSE is sport tuned so I would expect a more stiff ride..look at a xle or limited if going for comfort....and Camry in my option is not an option over the Avalon
Toyota's "sport" is still soft compared to 95% of other Sport tuned cars out there.

·
Registered
2019 Toyota Avalon
136 Posts
But there is still a difference in the tires, correct?
Wheels yes, 19 vs 18". but wheels can be changed very easy and cheaply. im going to get 18" wheels later this eyar to get rid of the "harsh" ride over cracks and small bumps and rough road. Sidewall is what makes the biggest difference for that

·
Registered
2020 Avalon Hybrid, Parisian Night Blue
43 Posts
Wheels yes, 19 vs 18". but wheels can be changed very easy and cheaply. im going to get 18" wheels later this eyar to get rid of the "harsh" ride over cracks and small bumps and rough road. Sidewall is what makes the biggest difference for that
XLE has 17's

·
Registered
2019 Toyota Avalon
136 Posts
XLE has 17's
and? so buy 17" lol. im going with 18" since i still want handling and going to 18" you gain a good amount of sidewall.
dont get stuck on what a car comes with stock. wheels and tires are the easiest thing to change on a car. and easiest way to change how a car rides and handles. even more then suspension.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts