Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Toyota 2020 Camry XLE 4 cyl. I was searching OEM parts sites and Amazon and the indicated that you can get a cartridge filter rather than the replaceable filter element, for the 2020 4 cyl. Camry. Anybody knows if this correct?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yes, cartridge oil filter.
EDIT. Above answer is not clear. fungabriel below is right. Spin on one piece on 4cyl. Toyota part # 90915-YZZF2.
Oil filter part #s changed over time. First oil change was the 90915-10009, Second oil change was the 90915-YZZM1
& Third oil change was the 90915-YZZF2.

·
2018 Camry XSE V6
2,679 Posts
pretty sure the 4cyl uses the spin on oil filter while the v6 uses the cartridge style filter. i'm sure you can switch from the spin on to the cartridge on the 4cyl.

·
RX-7 Restorations
18 Camry SE
1,570 Posts
The oil filter for the 4cyl is the YZZF2. The 2GR V6 Camry uses the A1 cartridge filter. But Toyota decided to install a stupid half cover for the oil filter on V6 models. It covers it just enough that it has to be removed to change the oil filter. It's a really dumb design. It would have been better if they left it open as it was in the Gen 7 and below or made a removable cover to access both the filter and the drain plug like the 4 cylinder has.

·
2018 Camry XSE V6
2,679 Posts
The oil filter for the 4cyl is the YZZF2. The 2GR V6 Camry uses the A1 cartridge filter. But Toyota decided to install a stupid half cover for the oil filter on V6 models. It covers it just enough that it has to be removed to change the oil filter.
i took that cover panel off and stored it in my garage.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The oil filter for the 4cyl is the YZZF2. The 2GR V6 Camry uses the A1 cartridge filter. But Toyota decided to install a stupid half cover for the oil filter on V6 models. It covers it just enough that it has to be removed to change the oil filter. It's a really dumb design. It would have been better if they left it open as it was in the Gen 7 and below or made a removable cover to access both the filter and the drain plug like the 4 cylinder has.
I would think the reason for this change is to discourage the dyi from changing their own oil? 😮

·
2018 Camry XSE V6
2,679 Posts
I would think the reason for this change is to discourage the dyi from changing their own oil? 😮
Not really. it's to improve aerodynamics and fuel economy. Less drag equals better MPG. Them EPA people and their standards.

Oil changing is more or less the same with whatever filter you are using.

·
2014 VW Passat Tsi SEL
1,081 Posts
I got lucky. My oil filter cartridge is on the top and inverted for easy change!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts