Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
OK here's the first comment yawwwwwwn. Little bigger brakes, stiffer suspension, pin stripping and some custom TRD wheels and they praise it and make it sound like it's worth the money? Not. Everything they evaluate is doe a closed course race setup that you don't need as an everyday driver in the steet. They screwed up when they talked about the in house TRD once putting a bolt on supercharger on it and not sticking to that as being the staple "TRD". That in itself is what would have been worth some extra money.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Camry TRD
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They should offer a wheel and tire package/brake/exhaust option with the XSE. no performance upgrade either...

It looks good but not worth the money either I think.

·
straight cash homie
20,190 Posts

·
Registered
08 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE R9K Tuned
7,716 Posts
I'd go with the Avy because the TRD would be such a departure for the car known for its older buyers. Would be fun to park it in a handicap space lol.
Agreed, no way am I gonna get rid of my 08 Camry so I will gladly take the Avalon TRD for that extra splash of luxuriousness.

·
Registered
2020 Toyota Camry TRD
10 Posts
Old post, but I recently bought the new 2020 Camry TRD.

I had walked into a Toyota dealer with the mindset of getting the SE, but after a lengthy test drive, I found that the TRD handled much better in corners for obvious reasons. Going from a 2014 Honda Accord Sport Manual to the Camry TRD, in my opinion was a great upgrade. One of the features I like about this car is the aesthetics (It's has no practical use lol). I can take comments about how terrible it looks, but I quite like how aggressive it looks compared to the Camry's in previous years. Another is the steering and road feel; though however on New York roads, it can at times be ridiculously annoying with all the pot holes and uneven paved roads. I really don't have much complaints on it so far.

I have had the privilege to own many different cars over the years, but the Camry TRD has definitely exceeded my expectations.

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Camry TRD
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Old post, but I recently bought the new 2020 Camry TRD.

I had walked into a Toyota dealer with the mindset of getting the SE, but after a lengthy test drive, I found that the TRD handled much better in corners for obvious reasons. Going from a 2014 Honda Accord Sport Manual to the Camry TRD, in my opinion was a great upgrade. One of the features I like about this car is the aesthetics (It's has no practical use lol). I can take comments about how terrible it looks, but I quite like how aggressive it looks compared to the Camry's in previous years. Another is the steering and road feel; though however on New York roads, it can at times be ridiculously annoying with all the pot holes and uneven paved roads. I really don't have much complaints on it so far.

I have had the privilege to own many different cars over the years, but the Camry TRD has definitely exceeded my expectations.
Looks great. what is your opinion on the interior?

·
Registered
2020 Toyota Camry TRD
10 Posts
I asked to see all Camry trims, and the TRD is comparable to the X tiered trims interior fabric (SofTex). The infotainment system is quite easy to use for both Apple and Android users.
Comparing it to my 2014 Accord, the interior of the Camry feels much nicer, the seats fit my body size (5'11, 185 pounds), and the rear has a ton of space for passengers. I'm also in love with the TRD insignia stitched to the front seat headrests. I shot a few photos of the interior for you in case there are stuff missed out on from Toyota's website

*I reuploaded photos cause some of them were upside down lol

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
I asked to see all Camry trims, and the TRD is comparable to the X tiered trims interior fabric (SofTex). The infotainment system is quite easy to use for both Apple and Android users.
Comparing it to my 2014 Accord, the interior of the Camry feels much nicer, the seats fit my body size (5'11, 185 pounds), and the rear has a ton of space for passengers. I'm also in love with the TRD insignia stitched to the front seat headrests. I shot a few photos of the interior for you in case there are stuff missed out on from Toyota's website

Looks nice! What was your OTD price?

·
Registered
100 Posts

What's your impression of the stereo? Is it as poor as Sofyan says in the above vid? Mine isn't coming until end of month/early February.

·
2018 Camry XSE V6
2,554 Posts
Toyota could of added the XSE MID on there and at least the audio plus system without the JBL or made it an option like they did on the Avalon TRD.

Also not sure why Toyota added Eco Mode switch on the TRD. Should just be on Sport Mode.

·
Registered
08 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE R9K Tuned
7,716 Posts
Toyota could of added the XSE MID on there and at least the audio plus system without the JBL or made it an option like they did on the Avalon TRD.

Also not sure why Toyota added Eco Mode switch on the TRD. Should just be on Sport Mode.
Probably the same reason as many other manufacturers, ?‍♀ . At the very least, as far as I know it doesn't have adjustable suspension...
  • Set to Sport
  • Set to Soft
  • Set to Track
  • Set to Launch Control
?????

1 - 20 of 58 Posts