Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Toyota Camry TRD
10 Posts
What's your impression of the stereo? Is it as poor as Sofyan says in the above vid? Mine isn't coming until end of month/early February.
I love going to music festivals so I wasn't so sure about the stereo at first. But on my alone time I hit the music up to the max and it was pretty loud (Not trying to gas it but I asked my brother to drive 5 houses down and he could still hear the music being played) and boom-y. The bass is the slight downside, only if you're listening to music with a lot of bass. It's of course not going to be as clear as other upgraded stereo systems, but it works. I wouldn't change it if I didn't have to.

Also congratulations, I hope you'll be enjoying your new ride as much as I am!

·
Registered
2020 Toyota Camry TRD
10 Posts
Toyota could of added the XSE MID on there and at least the audio plus system without the JBL or made it an option like they did on the Avalon TRD.

Also not sure why Toyota added Eco Mode switch on the TRD. Should just be on Sport Mode.
Lmao I've probably driven the vehicle on Eco mode for ~800/1000 miles on the vehicle. I take the Camry to work, and I drive in heavy New York City traffic so the Eco mode helps.

On the other hand when I drove on the windy Catskill mountain roads, it was all Sport. I never use Normal mode :p

·
straight cash homie
20,374 Posts
Lmao I've probably driven the vehicle on Eco mode for ~800/1000 miles on the vehicle. I take the Camry to work, and I drive in heavy New York City traffic so the Eco mode helps.

On the other hand when I drove on the windy Catskill mountain roads, it was all Sport. I never use Normal mode :p
Drive to the city in your Camry? I guess its better than taking the subway lol. I don't think I would dare do that there, let alone even ask where to park it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I love going to music festivals so I wasn't so sure about the stereo at first. But on my alone time I hit the music up to the max and it was pretty loud (Not trying to gas it but I asked my brother to drive 5 houses down and he could still hear the music being played) and boom-y. The bass is the slight downside, only if you're listening to music with a lot of bass. It's of course not going to be as clear as other upgraded stereo systems, but it works. I wouldn't change it if I didn't have to.

Also congratulations, I hope you'll be enjoying your new ride as much as I am!
Thanks! By the sounds of it, it's about par with the 6 speaker stock system in my Matrix.

I'm really looking forward to my red TRD!

·
Registered
386 Posts
I bought a new Camry TRD and it’s great! For me the most important thing I wanted was the V6. The TRD comes with the v6 and it was $5k cheaper than an XSE. It also comes with upgraded shocks, springs, sway bars and exhaust. That saves me money on mods I would have done anyway. The only thing I wish it had that it doesn’t is heated seats.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I bought a new Camry TRD and it’s great! For me the most important thing I wanted was the V6. The TRD comes with the v6 and it was $5k cheaper than an XSE. It also comes with upgraded shocks, springs, sway bars and exhaust. That saves me money on mods I would have done anyway. The only thing I wish it had that it doesn’t is heated seats.
Congrats! What colour did you get? Also equally bummed about lack of heated seats. The rest I can live without.

·
straight cash homie
20,374 Posts
Good to see they're selling despite the negativity coming from Motor Trend and other reviewers.
Buyers don't read MT to decide. I would feel that Youtube reviews are a lot more influential since they can see and hear, more so than read text. Honestly, the reviews weren't overtly negative, just that the Accord still offers a little more performance, which is still not the biggest determinant for choosing a family sedan (Do you want a turbo CVT or traditional V6 auto?), given that the majority of buyers of the most enthusiast Camry made to date isn't a car enthusiast. For that reason, the TRD has been successful.

Here's that article

·
Registered
177 Posts
So out of curiosity I decided to look it up, but the 2020 BMW 330i does 0-60 in 5.6 seconds for a cost of $42k+$10k/year in repairs out of warranty, and the TRD does 0-60 in 5.8 seconds for a cost of $32k.

So yeah, it's a pretty damn good car.

·
straight cash homie
20,374 Posts
So out of curiosity I decided to look it up, but the 2020 BMW 330i does 0-60 in 5.6 seconds for a cost of $42k+$10k/year in repairs out of warranty, and the TRD does 0-60 in 5.8 seconds for a cost of $32k.

It's definitely a FUN Camry.

A 330i wouldn't be a wise choice to buy. However, most of those things are leased so maintenance is a null point.

·
Registered
107 Posts

Ya BuT tHe BmW dOeS 0-60 iN 0.2 sEcOnDs FaStEr, ThE cAmRy iS sHiT!!111 hur dur ...

·
straight cash homie
20,374 Posts
Sure, but I'm more of comparing car to car and not really financial situation to financial situation.
Honestly, folks who are shopping luxury Camrys are the ones who were easily dissuaded by cheap BMW/Audi/Mercedes leases, and many times, you could get a cheap Gucci bag for the same payment, but it would be a poverty spec version. You get the name but you don't get the same value IMO, just in case if you run into one of those owners who's a 30thousandaire with a $399 a month payment, who thinks he's the hot s**t.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts