Toyota Nation Forum banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
straight cash homie
20,356 Posts
Not sure what they meant by that but take that as a positive thing. Reliable, durable and easy to live with.
As one gets older, they appreciate those things. OTOH, if they're than 16 yo kid who has been riding in the back of their parents' Camry for their duration of their childhood, the Camry illicits the beiger image.

Wonder if Toyota will give Doug Demuro a spin in it...plenty of quirks and features in it, I'm sure it definitely has more personality than the Corolla Hybrid.

·
2018 Camry XSE V6
2,679 Posts
Wonder if Toyota will give Doug Demuro a spin in it...plenty of quirks and features in it, I'm sure it definitely has more personality than the Corolla Hybrid.
Doug Demuro hates the camry and he said many times that he won't review the camry. Though he did review the corolla, rav4, highlander, 4runner, tacoma, etc.. just not the camry. haha

·
Registered
08 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE R9K Tuned
8,236 Posts
As one gets older, they appreciate those things. OTOH, if they're than 16 yo kid who has been riding in the back of their parents' Camry for their duration of their childhood, the Camry illicits the beiger image.

That's more of the Avalon then the Camry.

·
straight cash homie
20,356 Posts
Doug Demuro hates the camry and he said many times that he won't review the camry. Though he did review the corolla, rav4, highlander, 4runner, tacoma, etc.. just not the camry. haha
His folks owned Toyotas and Lexuses during his youth, so that's why he loves European cars since they're the popular opposite, and still would love to own a Land Cruiser. If anything, I'm scratching my head why The Straight Pipes haven't been given one to drive yet, unless Toyota Canada doesn't have any in their press fleet.

·
Registered
2020 Camry TRD
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Who cares what he thinks anyway. If you like a car you like a car. As long as we like it and enjoy it that's the bottom line right?

·
straight cash homie
20,356 Posts
Doug just wants to be more adventurous than his dad, so his car recommendations can be taken with some grain of salt. Looks like @Filandro was 5 years early in his column.

·
Registered
177 Posts
His folks owned Toyotas and Lexuses during his youth, so that's why he loves European cars since they're the popular opposite, and still would love to own a Land Cruiser. If anything, I'm scratching my head why The Straight Pipes haven't been given one to drive yet, unless Toyota Canada doesn't have any in their press fleet.
Straight Pipes has done the XLE V6, so I'd doubt they'd be against doing the TRD. But they really liked the Camry, so I'd say they'd share the same opinion in fact probably even better considering they reviewed the "boring" XLE and not the XSE let alone the TRD.

·
straight cash homie
20,356 Posts
If you haven't seen Throttle House, they did seem to like the Camry over the Accord but it all comes down to preference (and price IMO, which favors the Camry because Toyota is more willing to deal than Honda)

·
Registered
30 Posts
I looked at the Honda type R, but the Honda folks around me thought it would be a good idea to add a 5k to 10k up-charge. I told them I’ve never owned a Honda before and with the pricing, I never will and gave up shortly thereafter.

Then the TRD Camry comes out and they sell below MSRP. I am also a big Toyota fan, so it was perfect for me.

Go Toyota !!

·
straight cash homie
20,356 Posts
I looked at the Honda type R, but the Honda folks around me thought it would be a good idea to add a 5k to 10k up-charge. I told them I’ve never owned a Honda before and with the pricing, I never will and gave up shortly thereafter.

Then the TRD Camry comes out and they sell below MSRP. I am also a big Toyota fan, so it was perfect for me.
While I prefer a stick shift, the TRD does check the boxes. Also below MSRP, you can't go wrong with it either. Stupid Honda dealers still charging ADM...

·
Registered
107 Posts

View attachment 296279
Go Toyota !!
Why did you MS Paint the c-pillar?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Opps....fixed !

That was from my phone photo editor, I’ve got 20 plus in my computer MS, complete black roof and pillars, all red, pillars red with black roof only. Lowered before actually lowering it, painted center cap, etc..,

That’s usually how I start the external mod ideas.

·
Registered
14 Posts
After my initial thoughts that it was basically a XSE with a body kit. It turns out to be a more stripped out version like a more Italian thinking, but without the increase in price. I just want a good car that has the biggest engine without the excess baggage. Want to have the V6 for the ease of driving on the interstate.

I have to see if my local dealer has one so I could check it out.

I am thinking that there will be no AWD version available in New Mexico and the AWD would not have any performance improvements.

I don't care too much about the moonroof, my 2014.5 Sport SE L4 only works on cold days, even after it was fixed.

·
straight cash homie
20,356 Posts
As a follow up, he did review the Avalon TRD. Toyota was nice enough to send him one, though I'm sure he could easily get a Camry TRD to drive too. He questioned why an Avalon TRD existed because he did say that the market for the Camry TRD was more viable, which I agree with him on mostly (Accord Sport and Mazda 6 competitors).

·
Registered
2020 Camry TRD
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
After my initial thoughts that it was basically a XSE with a body kit. It turns out to be a more stripped out version like a more Italian thinking, but without the increase in price. I just want a good car that has the biggest engine without the excess baggage. Want to have the V6 for the ease of driving on the interstate.

I don't care too much about the moonroof, my 2014.5 Sport SE L4 only works on cold days, even after it was fixed.
I don't miss the moon roof especially in the Vegas heat of the summer. The car is a stripped down version compared to the XSE. I thought I would miss all of the electronics, but that hasn't been the case. The 3.5 V6 is a great motor and it seems like all of the auto makers are going with turbos (not my thing).

·
Registered
08 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE R9K Tuned
8,236 Posts
I don't miss the moon roof especially in the Vegas heat of the summer. The car is a stripped down version compared to the XSE. I thought I would miss all of the electronics, but that hasn't been the case. The 3.5 V6 is a great motor and it seems like all of the auto makers are going with turbos (not my thing).
Less is more.

41 - 60 of 68 Posts