Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Toyota Camry SE
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, does anyone know how to disable the initial screen that comes up when you start the car? I always have to press Continue. I only need to read it once. And how to disable the slippery road warning? It comes on every time I drive the car, even if there is no slow or ice. very annoying.

·
8,168 Posts
Besides killing corporate lawyers that enforced that lovely message? Not really.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Hi all, does anyone know how to disable the initial screen that comes up when you start the car? I always have to press Continue. I only need to read it once. And how to disable the slippery road warning? It comes on every time I drive the car, even if there is no slow or ice. very annoying.
You don't have to press anything, you can just wait 5 seconds and they'll go away.

·
Registered
2020 Toyota Camry SE
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know, but I don't want them to come on at all. how do I disable them?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Safety warnings likely can't easily be done. It's like who'd tried to disable airbags?

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2012 Camry SE V6
1,890 Posts
"Here's a warning to not be distracted by this Nav while driving, here let me give you a paragraph to read while your driving down the road and have to press ok every time to add an extra step to your distraction".... thats what I think every time I see this type of warning on my Navs....

·
Registered
108 Posts
"Here's a warning to not be distracted by this Nav while driving, here let me give you a paragraph to read while your driving down the road and have to press ok every time to add an extra step to your distraction".... thats what I think every time I see this type of warning on my Navs....
Wait they make you hit OK every time now? In our 2016 Corolla it shows the OK button but if you leave it alone it goes away by itself.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Do you mean pressing OK on the infotainment screen? Every car manufacturer does the same and won't let you disable it for liability reasons. Just wait the five seconds.

The snow warning is annoying AF but another one you can't disable.

Welcome to modern cars.

·
Registered
Camry LE 19
210 Posts
That's what I thought. I fail to see what the issue is then. It's no different than turning on your Playstation and seeing the warning before the system starts up.
Or starting your phone and seeing logo or provider name etc. List goes on and on.To me as long as it goes away no problem. But everyone is different.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Or starting your phone and seeing logo or provider name etc. List goes on and on.To me as long as it goes away no problem. But everyone is different.
There is a group of people that will automatically complain about ANY feature related to safety that didn't exist on the cars they drove when they were younger. Backup cameras, seat belt warnings, radar cruise control, emergency braking, and for some people even seat belts and air bags. All of these things are good! But lots of ignorant people believe that they are a perfect driver and therefore don't need any of it.

The "roads may be icy warning" was annoying at first but I'm in the northeast and it's become a joke to hear it every morning.

·
Registered
2020 Toyota Camry SE
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the "roads may be icy" warning may be defendant on the temperature. doesn't matter if the roads are actually slippery. they should make it defendant on if the car has slippage and the traction control has to be used.

·
Registered
2020 Toyota Camry SE
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
how do I get rid of the passenger side side mirror? my father's 79 Impala didn't even come with one. who needs it. :)

·
Registered
737 Posts
the "roads may be icy" warning may be defendant on the temperature. doesn't matter if the roads are actually slippery. they should make it defendant on if the car has slippage and the traction control has to be used.
Brilliant. Instead of saying "roads may be icy" it can say "we are about to crash". Much more useful.

·
Registered
2020 Toyota Camry SE
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well there is a tiny slip. also, sometimes when I hear the noise from that warning, it distracts me and then I can get into an accident. its like a self fulfilling prophecy.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts