Toyota Nation Forum banner

141 - 144 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just picked up a new 2020 XSE hatchback last night and love everything about it except for the lack of Andoid Auto; really praying they drop a firmware update for it.

The interesting thing is, when I plug my LG G7 into the dash USB port, AA actually starts and the AA button appears and Google Maps pops up on the car's screen and runs for about 20 seconds before disconnecting.

It seems obvious that AA is already present on the head unit; just needs to be toggled on in the firmware. Question is, when/if they are ever going to do this for us?
Right Cable? It's in the settings I'm sure, just update the unit and it worked for me my build was November last year, was a my20 the salesman said.

·
Registered
2020 Toyota Corolla SE Sedan CVT
6 Posts
When Mazda offered retrofit, they charged a $500 fee because I understand they needed to fit a new headunit in.

When Toyota Australia offered it on Corollas, they charged AU$200 for plugging in a USB and hitting a button. (Camry got it for free) It's the same headunit on HB 19 and HB 20, just different software. You can buy a HB 20 unit and replace it, that'll cost you more than $200 though.

Go after market route if you have a 11th gen Corolla, because you can't get the software update. But 12th gen here is no need to go after market because the update is around the corner and also the nice 8 inch display becomes useless.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The cost to get a '20 head unit from a dealer is over $7k. I asked today, what a joke. The part numbers have changed, but they were unable to confirm if the radios were compatible or not. Not that it matter for a radio that is apparently 1/3 the price of the car.

141 - 144 of 144 Posts