Toyota Nation Forum banner

101 - 120 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
'18 HL Ltd, '19 GMC Acadia Denali, '02 Honda Civic EX
965 Posts
Quite a few interesting new EVs are coming out very soon.
If you can get past the absolutely ugly front end the upcoming Rivian R1T (and R1S sibling) looks to have a lot of potential.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
How popular are Teslas on the islands?
Relatively popular. The Tesla Model 3 outsold the Toyota Camry last year (Number 1 and 2? Tacoma and 4Runner, so definitely buying patterns are a little different here).

Combine short distances (can’t drive very far so range isn’t an issue), high gas prices, and high PV/solar penetration and you’ve got relatively favorable EV conditions.

I will be joining the EV pool soon; I decided on the Model Y instead of the Highlander and I’m being told I should be able to take delivery before the end of the month.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Not that great of a review with the off-road part. But here it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,311 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Seems a ton are getting posted. Guess Toyota let them release them today.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just came across this video, 2020 Highlander Platinum vs 2020 CX9 Signature.

Highlander wins in every aspect, space, tech and hybrid version.

I do like the exterior look of the Mazda.

·
straight cash homie
20,218 Posts
The CX9 is old now, been on the market since 2016. I did get to drive one at the auto show, and it drives real nice, IMO better than any Highlander and is Made in Japan! However, that's not what moves units in this segment. The CX9 is not cheaper either, and Toyota is better at offering incentives than Mazda.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The CX9 is old now, been on the market since 2016. I did get to drive one at the auto show, and it drives real nice, IMO better than any Highlander and is Made in Japan! However, that's not what moves units in this segment. The CX9 is not cheaper either, and Toyota is better at offering incentives than Mazda.
But it is quiet impressive even though it is old, and the exterior style doesn't look outdated.

·
straight cash homie
20,218 Posts
But it is quiet impressive even though it is old, and the exterior style doesn't look outdated.
Mazda nailed the styling on the CX-9, not to mention the driving dynamics. But in this segment, it is so competitive, and what sells well here is space and price, and Mazda's strengths are not what most buyers are perusing unfortunately. Mazda is still small compared to most of the competitors in the space.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mazda nailed the styling on the CX-9, not to mention the driving dynamics. But in this segment, it is so competitive, and what sells well here is space and price, and Mazda's strengths are not what most buyers are perusing unfortunately. Mazda is still small compared to most of the competitors in the space.
And only 7 seats, next model they bring out they need to step up the game.

·
straight cash homie
20,218 Posts
Seems a ton are getting posted. Guess Toyota let them release them today.
IDK, Toyota has been slow to put the new Highlanders in the press fleets. The first wave of press drives was a huge press launch in San Antonio in pre-production models. Now that production has started, I've yet to see Alex on Autos or Redline Reviews get a press vehicle at their home location. I guess Topher got one of the first ones in the fleet; Sam Car Legion seems to borrow the Highlander from the local dealer to test against the Telluride, CX9, etc.

Some might like this one, since it is from Toyota's KC Region:

·
Registered
101 Posts
I test drove a CX9 and new Highlander on the same day. I have always loved the styling of the CX9, and thought it would be my next ride. After driving however, I can actually say the Highlander was quieter than the CX9. The biggest issue I had with the CX9 is it has a tight fit. The console really takes up a lot of space, and your leg hits the side all the time ( at least mine did ) There are other reviews on the CX9 they mention this......it is very cramped feeling inside. It also doesn't have near the tech as the 2020 Highlander, but again it has been out a few years. The other thing is the infotainment is horrible and takes quite a bit to get use to. And if you trade cars often like I do, you get a real hit as the resale of Mazda is not good. It is a small company, and there aren't nearly as many dealerships. It is a great looking SUV however, and it will be interesting to see what they do with the next redesign, with the Telluride and Paliside being so popular these days. To have a win, they will have to be very creative. It seems their new CX30 is making a big hit these days ! At least the CX9 has a happy face on the front, instead of a sad one LOL :)

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
This was posted yesterday already in this thread.

·
Super Moderator
13,510 Posts