Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From ToyotaJeff’s YouTube channel — I think this is the first video I’ve seen of the Limited trim. He’s a Toyota salesperson, so keep that in mind as you watch his videos, and a bit of a character, but I enjoy watching his videos.

Not sure if it’s because it’s a pre-production model (he notes not to pay attention to the doors because it’s a pre-production model; not sure what that means), but it has the 12” infotainment screen, which I had assumed was going to be exclusive to the Platinum. This could change my plans — I’d rather have the second-row bench, which I don’t think is available on the Platinum.

·
Premium Member
1,747 Posts
Hybrids often don't follow the same rules for trim levels as the gas version (LE, XLE, ...) But yes, the April press release said that the 12" screen was a feature of the Platinum grade only.

Nice to see the interior features in more detail and the electronics on the dash! This car might become a reality soon!

·
Registered
64 Posts
He said December for Hybrid, but the last time I hear, the gas model was December, and Hybrid was spring of 2020. We have already got things lined up to get the gas model once it becomes available, but damn, this Hybrid just might be worth waiting for.

My concerns are

- Get up and go, when getting on to busy highways (which we do a lot). Not sure how much difference there might be between the 2019 Hybrid and the 2020 as far as get up and go. The 4 cylinder is the model that will get 34 MPG, not the 6, is that right?

It's also a matter of the other colors it will come in, and yes, just how comfortable it will be. We're hoping the larger vehicle (over our 2016 Avalon) will be a bit more comfortable. The seats in the model we got a short ride in, were a lot nicer, thicker, than the ones in our Avalon

1 - 3 of 3 Posts