Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could not find a sub-forum for the 4th gen HiHy, so I'm posting here.

I visited a dealership yesterday and the salesperson told me that they aren't expecting new HiHys until summer. I had previously heard spring. He also said if I wanted one, I should probably place an order soon. Has anyone heard any updates on the availability of new HiHys or was this just a sales technique?
Thanks.

·
Registered
2020 Highlander Limited AWD - Magnetic Gray
170 Posts
Considering how late the non-hybrids 2020s arrived at dealerships, that figure wouldn’t really surprise me...especially on the upper trim levels.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you can get a dealer to put your request (trim, ext/in colors) on their allocation request from the mfr, the build time is still months out(10-12 weeks minimum). I've talked to several dealers.
This link shows build out information. Gas HL is 10+ weeks out, Hybrid is unlisted. Manufacturers Information - 2020 | Merchants Fleet
But maybe things are breaking open finally -- dealer just contacted me asking what trim/colors I would want in the hybrid. But I still wouldn't expect to see it before at least June.

·
Metal Maniac
110 Posts
I posted in the 2020 Prices paid section, I pre-ordered my Wife's with a build date of 25 March for a Limited Hybrid. The dealer has roughly 4-6 other Hybrids coming around the same time (1 XLE, 2 Limiteds, 3 Plats) so you guys just need to do a little more research on your own.

·
Registered
2020 Highlander Hybrid
822 Posts
I should be getting a Costco Auto price sheet soon. The Costco recommended price for a 2020 Highlander Hybrid AWD w/12"screen is $45,315. The Toyota configurator lists MSRP as $49,650 which includes Moondust as premium color while the Costco configurator does not so if I get anywhere close to what the recommended price then that will be good to me. I'm using Costco because I hate to haggle and drive 3 hours to a larger market where the dealerships are much more competitive. I like the pre-arranged price and need to make sure they aren't wasting my time as they are required to stick to the agreement in order to continue to get Costco referrals.

It looks like the same dealership where I bought my 2017 SE, getting the first one that showed up on their lot. I didn't have to go in to see the price sheet and I've only ever been there once to pick it up.

·
Registered
2020 Highlander Hybrid XLE AWD
65 Posts
On toyota.com, the HiHy has moved from the "coming soon" page to the active page. This means that some have at least been produced and will be showing up to dealers any minute, if they have not already arrived. You can build and price your HiHy now on the site. So, how about someone make a 4th gen. HiHy forum already?

·
Metal Maniac
110 Posts
Here is my Costco pricing on a Limited High Hy with the 12.3 screen and some added accessories. I got a better deal through them directly than using Costco.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm getting the hybrid XLE AWD, MSRP $45,428. My first and only offer will be invoice, which is MSRP minus $3882. I'll give them the doc fee. If they don't take my offer, I will say please contact me when you will take that price; in the meantime, I will make the same offer to another dealer in the area. I'll get the car at my price. If not now, it will be less than two months after the first hybrid hits the ground.

·
Registered
2020 Highlander Limited AWD - Magnetic Gray
170 Posts
That Costco pricing on the limited hybrid looks pretty high.

·
Registered
2020 Highlander Hybrid
822 Posts
That Costco pricing on the limited hybrid looks pretty high.
I agree. Using the configurator, a 2020 Highlander Hybrid AWD Limited with special paint and 12.3” screen - (max configuration), you end up with MSRP of $49,650 (GST region). That’s exactly what I ordered and was given an MSRP of $49,550 including the mats.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I could not find a sub-forum for the 4th gen HiHy, so I'm posting here.

I visited a dealership yesterday and the salesperson told me that they aren't expecting new HiHys until summer. I had previously heard spring. He also said if I wanted one, I should probably place an order soon. Has anyone heard any updates on the availability of new HiHys or was this just a sales technique?
Thanks.
One just arrived in Tennessee, 2/29. Your dealer's salespeople are ill informed.

·
Registered
65 Posts
This is my point. Salesmen are so full of crap that they are about to explode. My dealer has a Platinum FWD hybrid in stock and it is already discounted over $3k. XLE AWD hybrids locally are going for $3200 off MSRP and Limiteds $3400.

·
Registered
2020 Highlander Hybrid
822 Posts
Interest rates and gas prices are tanking and people are probably not thinking about new cars as much. This may be a better time to buy a new Hybrid than previously anticipated. We should be looking for better pricing, lower rates, and financing incentives going forward.

·
Registered
2020 Highlander Hybrid
822 Posts
2020 Hybrid is eligible for the $750 TFS credit. With interest rates going down, one wonders if they are going to start offering national low rates for qualified buyers.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Oil is dropping more than 25% today. $1.50 gas is coming to a large part of the country. Highlander Hybrids should be getting the same discounts as gas models by the end of March.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts