Toyota Nation Forum banner

121 - 140 of 182 Posts

·
straight cash homie
19,611 Posts
This is likely best put in the Good (Worst) dealer thread.....but I feel so soiled by that place, I am not going back for service. I will go to where we bought our son's Yaris iA. That's my story.....
Did any other dealer in SD have the vehicle? I would've shopped the dealers in OC and LA as well. With a salesguy like that, I would've ran away and not give him any business whatsoever.

Many of them do deliver to San Diego. I wonder if bought at the local dealer on Poway Rd. I spent some time for work in the area and surprised there were dealers in Poway (Hyundai and Mitsu were the other ones I remembered).

·
Registered
20 Ruby Platinum HL, 19 Lexus UX200, 17 Yaris iA
115 Posts
Did any other dealer in SD have the vehicle? I would've shopped the dealers in OC and LA as well. With a salesguy like that, I would've ran away and not give him any business whatsoever.

Many of them do deliver to San Diego. I wonder if bought at the local dealer on Poway Rd. I spent some time for work in the area and surprised there were dealers in Poway (Hyundai and Mitsu were the other ones I remembered).
You guessed right. It was a combined trip to Lowe's too. We have VERY few 2020s in stock in San Diego. Let alone a red Platinum. None around for hundreds of miles. It is odd, I know. There are plenty of 2019s left. Not great ones, and they are not discounting, it seems. I went there for a specific car listed and it was not there. Ruby was, so we bought her. We were looking for white, but the Ruby red could not be resisted. It all really does not matter so much, I simply do not like that dealer (lots of reasons not to go back, actually.) I like the car. That is all that really matters, I guess.

·
straight cash homie
19,611 Posts
You guessed right. It was a combined trip to Lowe's too. We have VERY few 2020s in stock in San Diego. Let alone a red Platinum. None around for hundreds of miles. It is odd, I know. There are plenty of 2019s left. Not great ones, and they are not discounting, it seems. I went there for a specific car listed and it was not there. Ruby was, so we bought her. We were looking for white, but the Ruby red could not be resisted. It all really does not matter so much, I simply do not like that dealer (lots of reasons not to go back, actually.) I like the car. That is all that really matters, I guess.
Glad you like it, but I would've shopped around and wait for the white color. Availability is still tight in Southern California for the upper model trims. I only saw three on the local dealer lot and none were higher than an XLE trim.

I don't know why you gave in to TOP's poor sales tactics...you pay the price to be one of the first to own. I would advise using a car broker next time, especially if you don't like dealing with auto salesmen. I find it very hard to believe your new Highlander doesn't have any mats. As I said, if the sticker on the car has them listed on the options list, and you don't have them, the dealer owes them to you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Need you guys thoughts on this deal.
Model trim level: XLE, FWD
With or without a trade: No trade in
Options and add on (extended warranty, etc): Floor mat
Color and if paid extra: $495 (white pearl)
Dealer fees: $495
Where you are located....region or state: Phoenix, AZ
Advertise price: $38,970
OTD with TTL: $41,500

·
Registered
2020 Highlander Platinum, 2017 Tacoma OR DCLB
12 Posts
Model trim level: Platinum AWD
With or without a trade: $1,000 trade
Options and add on (extended warranty, etc):
all-weather floor liner/cargo liner, roof rack
Color and if paid extra:
Blueprint/Graphite (no charge)
Dealer fees:
$1,120
Where you are located:
Omaha, NE

Price Paid:
$46,299 ($47,549 without TFS rebates)

Monroney sticker was $50,238 (without roof rack)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am a Costco member and did pricing on Saturday at the participating dealer. The paper they have states the price for each car and model. They showed me and Costco pricing for 2020 Highlander is 800 (maybe 600, just cannot remember for some reason) below invoice. So the guy took a car that was on the way and showed me on the screen the MSRP and Invoice and said that I would be paying Invoice minus 800. 750 financing promo is on top of that. I think if you have a Costco nearby or a participating dealer, it makes more sense right now to get Executive Membership, buy the car and cancel membership if you don't need it. You will save a lot of money that way. Also, the add-ons (floor mats, roof rack and so on) are at Invoice price if you go through Costco. Just go and check it out yourself www.costcoauto.com. Here is the PDF of the Platinum with options, but you get it for less because it's 600 or 800 under invoice.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Model trim level: XLE FWD
With or without a trade: none
Options and add on (extended warranty, etc): Premium Audio, carpet floor mat/ all weather cargo liner, first aid kit, clear rear bumper applique, window tint
Color and if paid extra: White/Graphite ($425)
Dealer fees: $1,198
AZ Tax/Title: $3,203
Where you are located: Phoenix, AZ
Price before TTL and fees: $36,349
OTD Price Paid: $40,750 ($41,500 without TFS rebates)
Dealer MSRP sticker was: $42,905

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I just lost a ton of money on trading in a Toyota 4Runner on a 2020 Highlander due to their really bad seat design on the 4Runner.
What year? I am considering trading in my 2019 Limited 4x4 4Runner for a new 2020 Highlander Platinum. Only got 3100 miles too and 6 months old.

·
Registered
315 Posts
What year? I am considering trading in my 2019 Limited 4x4 4Runner for a new 2020 Highlander Platinum. Only got 3100 miles too and 6 months old.
Wow albeit a different car, I traded my 2013 Avalon for a 2012 Avalon because it sucked so much. It had 3400 or so miles on it, (about 2 months old) and I was out driving one day, in a different state I might ad, when out of the corner of my eye I saw a 2012 Avalon in the same color as my 2013. I went in, NOT really thinking of trading, but left some 2 hours later with the 2012, and a shit ton happy (it cost the whole of $500.00 difference to trade). Of course once they supposedly got it right with the 2016 I traded again, and that is what we traded in on the 2020 HL.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am a Costco member and did pricing on Saturday at the participating dealer. The paper they have states the price for each car and model. They showed me and Costco pricing for 2020 Highlander is 800 (maybe 600, just cannot remember for some reason) below invoice. So the guy took a car that was on the way and showed me on the screen the MSRP and Invoice and said that I would be paying Invoice minus 800. 750 financing promo is on top of that. I think if you have a Costco nearby or a participating dealer, it makes more sense right now to get Executive Membership, buy the car and cancel membership if you don't need it. You will save a lot of money that way. Also, the add-ons (floor mats, roof rack and so on) are at Invoice price if you go through Costco. Just go and check it out yourself www.costcoauto.com. Here is the PDF of the Platinum with options, but you get it for less because it's 600 or 800 under invoice.
Thanks for the share. I had a very different experience when using Costco Pricing in my area. First off, they didn't have a dealership immediately nearby; they kicked me off to a dealership in Frederick, MD (Darcars of Frederick MD) and another one in Falls Church, VA (Bill Page Toyota). Neither dealership was proactive in calling me (I think I had to make first contact with both). Bill PAge didn't want to send me a price sheet, and instead gave me a quote over the phone (which was fairly competitive; i'd already negotiated a price with another dealer that was only $300 lower) and the Darcars dealer initially told me that they weren't doing Costco pricing on 2020 platinum models....then told me they don't discount on models that would need to be ordered....then told me they could do $2k above invoice.

So kind of a crappy Costco experience, and very disappointing , considering it was my first time using it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello all, and happy to join the highlander owners clan.

With or without a trade: No trade at time of purchase....will either sell it to Carmax, or see what the dealer will offer for it
Options and add on (extended warranty, etc): all-weather floor liner/cargo liner ($318 accessory)
Color and if paid extra: Blizzard Pearl white ($425 color option)
Dealer fees: $300
Where you are located: Southern Maryland

MSRP: $50,663
Sales Price:
$45,700 (including $1120 destination and handling, not including $750 TFS rebate)
Taxes, Title, Dealer Doc Fees: $2760, 299, 300 (respectively)
OTD: $48,309 (including $750 TFS Rebate)

Net-Net, really pleased. Got right at 10% off a vehicle that dealers can't even keep on the lot a week....nearly 12%, if you include the 750 TFS rebate....

·
Registered
17 Posts

With or without a trade: No trade at time of purchase....will either sell it to Carmax, or see what the dealer will offer for it
Options and add on (extended warranty, etc): all-weather floor liner/cargo liner ($318 accessory)

Sales Price: $45,700 (including $1120 destination and handling, not including $750 TFS rebate)

Net-Net, really pleased. Got right at 10% off a vehicle that dealers can't even keep on the lot a week....nearly 12%, if you include the 750 TFS rebate....
How did you negotiate that man? That is a GREAT deal.

·
Registered
14 Avalon
5 Posts

Sales Price: $45,700 (including $1120 destination and handling, not including $750 TFS rebate)

Congrats! What dealership did you end up working with? Also- what color interior did you get?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the share. I had a very different experience when using Costco Pricing in my area. First off, they didn't have a dealership immediately nearby; they kicked me off to a dealership in Frederick, MD (Darcars of Frederick MD) and another one in Falls Church, VA (Bill Page Toyota). Neither dealership was proactive in calling me (I think I had to make first contact with both). Bill PAge didn't want to send me a price sheet, and instead gave me a quote over the phone (which was fairly competitive; i'd already negotiated a price with another dealer that was only $300 lower) and the Darcars dealer initially told me that they weren't doing Costco pricing on 2020 platinum models....then told me they don't discount on models that would need to be ordered....then told me they could do $2k above invoice.

So kind of a crappy Costco experience, and very disappointing , considering it was my first time using it.
Interesting....Navy Federal and Costco are using the same dealership(Bill Page Toyota).

·
Registered
8 Posts

That is unfortunate. You should post a review on them at Costco or even call Costco Auto and let them know what you experienced. BTW, I think Costco offers reward for reviews. Not sure if you have to buy a car to get the reward.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Not on the West coast. Dealers have one maybe two 2020s. They have lots of 2019s still here. The 2019s are not really all that deeply discounted I have noticed. The 2020s are just not here. I got the only ruby Platinum for 500 miles around. Odd. I was super lucky, they just got it and pulled it around front and I got it before they did any of their normal BS.
Well, maybe this is just me, but I would go east of the Mississippi to save $4-5K. Fly there and drive it home.

121 - 140 of 182 Posts