Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Highlander Hybrid XLE
47 Posts
It sounds to me like the first reviewer has never driven the V6 Highlander hybrid or has only driven it for a very short period. I came from the Rav4 hybrid (2016) and find the V6 highlander to be quieter and much more refined in its suspension and ride quality. I am concerned that the second reviewer may not have done a side-by-side comparison either. With lower rotating and reciprocating mass, the inline 4 will, of course, have less rocking when starting than the larger and heavier V6 from the previous years. However, the 2.5 liter inline 4 must, necessarily, produce its peak horsepower at higher RPMs than the much larger V6. It wouldn't surprise me if, under fully loaded conditions (7 or 8 passengers for example) the inline 4 had to really work a lot harder during acceleration and hill-climbing than the V6 did in previous years. Only time (and back-to-back comparisons) will tell.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I don’t have a lot of seat time to offer a verified option though...i would feel the v6 hybrid would make much less noise then the 4 cyc. Possible this new 2020 hybrid makes it so we hear a drop less sound in the cabin vs a 2020 RAV4 hybrid. .

·
Registered
10 Posts
I did not drive the 2019 Hybrid but I can tell you that I have trouble telling when the engine is on in my 2020... Except for when I floored it a couple times. I even have trouble feeling the engine start as the battery drains in EV mode. I find myself using the on screen power systems tracker to understand what is happening because it is so smooth that I can’t tell.

I will admit though, my last car was a diesel that needed its engine mounts replaced, so this lack of vibration and noise could just be because I’m used to something much more harsh.

Also, my drive is typically city. I have not spent much time on the highway with it yet to see the noise differences when the engine is on more often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts