Toyota Nation Forum banner

2020 Toyota C-HR

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  ukrkoz 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Meh- the only think that Toyota really needed to change with their C-HR was the engine, and they didn't. The 2.0L is slow and loud when pushed.

It's a shame because other than its engine it's kind of a cool car for subcompact SUV. A slightly used, lower-end Rav4 would likely be a better buy.

#3 ·
Meh- the only think that Toyota really needed to change with their C-HR was the engine, and they didn't. The 2.0L is slow and loud when pushed.

It's a shame because other than its engine it's kind of a cool car for subcompact SUV. A slightly used, lower-end Rav4 would likely be a better buy.
Yeah its performance is pathetic IMO. It might be fine for someone just using it as a commuter, but the engine is lethargic that it isn't taking advantage of the good chassis and handling. While the 2020 model finally got LED lights, the US/Canadian model doesn't get the turbo/6 speed in other markets, nor is there a moonroof that I want.

#4 ·
The 1.2L turbo engine isn't anything to get excited for either. I just don't understand the idiotic decisions Toyota is making with this platform. Dropping in the engine from the current gen Corolla should be a no brainer. At least Toyota woke up and added Android Auto. There's hope that I might see a firmware update on my 2019.

I'd be curious to see the 2020 model in person. While there have been discussions of changes and additions to the 2020 model, there hasn't been any discussion of omissions. I noticed from the various first look videos that the auto dimming rear view mirror has been eliminated.

#5 ·
I think the car was hobbled because it was suppose to be a Scion lol before they pulled the plug on the brand. I believe AWD is also offered in other markets.

Yeah, the 1.2 engine would be too underpowered for our market, BUT it seems to be the only powertrain to get the 6 speed manual. My personal issue with the vehicle is that I feel claustrophobic if I had to ride in the back. I ride in my friend's 2019 at times, so that isn't an issue, but I just feel the car could be better.

#11 ·
Two ugliest bug eyed vehicles out there.

And I don't even know, which end is uglier, front or rear. Gosen must have slept with someone at Toyota to accomplish this.
Turboed direct injection engines? Just wait when they will start failing one by one out of warranty.
LOL!

I was just about to say the same thing. Ugly on steroids.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.