Toyota Nation Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
'21 Corolla Apex SE - 6mt
637 Posts
As Invader said, wind chill (like humidex, in summer) only apply to warm-blooded creatures, not inanimate objects. It’s a more or less successful attempt to elaborate a perception scale. For convenience it’s designed to mimic temperature as it is expressed in numbers but, as many don't notice, not “ ° ” , as it’s rather a number on a scale.
Right, I was just trying to give as much info as possible to help give as much insight into the issue people are having.

Reactions: jolly

·
Registered
637 Posts
Ya what changed my 21 is the same as the 19s

·
Registered
637 Posts
They sure look different to me!
View attachment 324074
Yes clearly sorry I thought you meant they changed location lol

We're they both made in US is one a hatchback ? 2019 hatchback Japan 21 sedan us .. could be mild differences

·
Registered
686 Posts
I don't believe that reservoir location has much to do with it... There is no circulation until the coolant warms up and thermostat opens... In the sub -15C that we had since January, my HB did take its time to warm up... Thankfully I have heated seats and steering wheel!

Reactions: L3G1T

·
Registered
431 Posts
So....
Hate to compare a crappy Ford to our Corollas....but I had a very similar issue with a 2016 Escape, now that ya'll bring up the reservoir-thingy.

My work-assigned Escape wouldn't heat up at all unless driven a super long time. Turned out that 1.6EB has a coolant leak issue, and the resevoir is ever so slightly below the heater core. The reservoir showed slightly below "MIN" mark even after vehicle was fully warmed up, so I added water to it. Literally an 8 ounce paper cup worth of water is all it took and the heater began working again.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Mine took around 5 minutes to get to the normal operating temperature at around 22C, driven at 60km/h this morning.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts