Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Camry XSE V6
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to The Fast Lane, Toyota is going to do a midcycle refresh for the 2021 and will introduce all new 9th generation design for 2024. So for the 2021, what changes they are going to have? Would they keep the same body panels and tweak the lamps, grill, etc. like most midcycle refresh? Or they would introduce new shaped body panels like they did for the 7th gen 2015-17 models? What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
177 Posts
My predictions are simple design tweaks, nothing like the 7.5gen refresh, TSS 2.0, and probably some new tech to compete with the likes of the new Sonata.

The reason why the 7.5gen refresh was so big was cause it came in the midst of the whole new "no more boring cars" idealogy.

·
Registered
2018 Camry XSE V6
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My predictions are simple design tweaks, nothing like the 7.5gen refresh, TSS 2.0, and probably some new tech to compete with the likes of the new Sonata.

The reason why the 7.5gen refresh was so big was cause it came in the midst of the whole new "no more boring cars" idealogy.
I see. Most people consider appliance like. But yeah, I agree with your thoughts. Maybe they’ll add fog lamps, updated TSS 2.0. Maybe updated tail lamps?

·
Registered
177 Posts
I see. Most people consider appliance like. But yeah, I agree with your thoughts. Maybe they’ll add fog lamps, updated TSS 2.0. Maybe updated tail lamps?
Most likely no more fog lamps. Auto manufactures are forgoing them due to headlight technology being so advanced (especially with laser headlights) they render fog lights useless.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I see just minor tweeks nothing like the 7th gen refresh. most including myself didn't like it. lets hope things current owners can change. I think between se and xse both should have quad exhaust and same headlights and tails. its hard to find quad exhaust that will bolt up to an se.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I see just minor tweeks nothing like the 7th gen refresh. most including myself didn't like it. lets hope things current owners can change. I think between se and xse both should have quad exhaust and same headlights and tails. its hard to find quad exhaust that will bolt up to an se.
I disagree with the quad exhaust on the SE. In fact, I think quad exhaust should only be reserved for the V6 models.

·
2018 Camry XSE V6
2,689 Posts
That's why the XSE 4cyl exists. If the SE had those parts then why bother with making a XSE grade. Though, the dual exhaust should only be on the v6.

·
Registered
2018 Camry XSE V6
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I disagree with the quad exhaust on the SE. In fact, I think quad exhaust should only be reserved for the V6 models.
That’s how it always was in the past gens. I don’t know this gen, they put them on the I4s....yet the XLE has only single exhaust compared to the dual exhaust on the XLE V6.

·
Registered
630 Posts
They only need one change: a manual transmission!
But a V6 RWD, 6 (7) speed MT, TRD trim, would transform this car in a LEGENDARY SEDAN!

1 - 20 of 73 Posts