Toyota Nation Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Fun fact: Did you know Asian and European market Camrys are equipped with fog lights, heated steering wheels, memory seats, and reclining rear seats with massage features?
Ain’t happening for the American market...
In Europe we do get fog lights and reclining rear seats (on the highest trim level only and there is no massage feature), but no heated steering wheel and no memory seats.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yup, Camry is the flagship sedan for the ASEAN markets
The Australian top trim Camry has all the bells & whistles.
Front seat ventilation
Drivers seat memory function
Driver & passenger seat adjustable lumbar support
Power tilt & telescopic steering wheel with memory
Intelligent ambient illumination
Rain sensing wipers
XLE wheels on XSE body

·
straight cash homie
20,218 Posts
The Australian top trim Camry has all the bells & whistles.
Front seat ventilation
Drivers seat memory function
Driver & passenger seat adjustable lumbar support
Power tilt & telescopic steering wheel with memory
Intelligent ambient illumination
Rain sensing wipers
XLE wheels on XSE body
And this is where Toyota makes more money on the Camry...on the flipside, you guys down under pay Lexus prices for them lol. Bloody!

·
Registered
70 Posts
And this is where Toyota makes more money on the Camry...on the flipside, you guys down under pay Lexus prices for them lol. Bloody!
The fully loaded camry occupies the market segment normally reserved for the avalon and is priced accordingly. The ASEAN market is too small for the avalon.
All generation 8 4 cylinder camrys are six speed transmissions due to lower emission rules.
XLE & XSE V6 camrys are eight speed transmissions,
With the global recession new car sales have driven over a cliff.

·
straight cash homie
20,218 Posts
The fully loaded camry occupies the market segment normally reserved for the avalon and is priced accordingly. The ASEAN market is too small for the avalon.
All generation 8 4 cylinder camrys are six speed transmissions due to lower emission rules.
XLE & XSE V6 camrys are eight speed transmissions,
With the global recession new car sales have driven over a cliff.
I remember, you guys had the Aurion. That died, as well as your auto industry down there too. Ain't going to get any bigger than a Camry. Even Avalon and the full size class are on the clock.

·
2018 Camry XSE V6
2,566 Posts
2021 Camry will be the same, no refresh/redesign for 2021. Three things that Toyota should change/add, for the xse/xle trims make the digital speedometer bigger. In the Avalon you can make it so only a big MPH shows up on the MID. Another will be for all trims/grades, make the needle for the analog Speedometer, Trachometer, and all move all the way to the end and back down. I believe the TRD camry does this. Third would be, put the words Camry or a picture of the camry in the MID or infotinament display when the car starts up. Pretty much every toyota car except the camry has this.

·
straight cash homie
20,218 Posts
2021 Camry will be the same, no refresh/redesign for 2021. Three things that Toyota should change/add, for the xse/xle trims make the digital speedometer bigger. In the Avalon you can make it so only a big MPH shows up on the MID. Another will be for all trims/grades, make the needle for the analog Speedometer, Trachometer, and all move all the way to the end and back down. I believe the TRD camry does this. Third would be, put the words Camry or a picture of the camry in the MID or infotinament display when the car starts up. Pretty much every toyota car except the camry has this.
Are you sure? Toyota does a light refresh by a vehicle's 4th year...so I think we should expect some minor design changes.

·
2018 Camry XSE V6
2,566 Posts
Are you sure? Toyota does a light refresh by a vehicle's 4th year...so I think we should expect some minor design changes.
I have the 2021 camry hybrid owner manual and the pictures of the car look the same. So that's what i'm basing it off of. If it was different, picture would be different. The interior looks the same too. It's still TSS-P as well. boo.

·
straight cash homie
20,218 Posts
I have the 2021 camry hybrid owner manual and the pictures of the car look the same. So that's what i'm basing it off of. If it was different, picture would be different. The interior looks the same too. It's still TSS-P as well. boo.
Interesting, perhaps Toyota didn't update the manual for MY21...it and the Accord are due for a refresh so we shall see.

·
Registered
2018 Camry XSE V6
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
If that’s the case, they will just update the headlamps and taillights and possiblY new wheels... like they did with the 95, 00, 05 and 10 midcycle refresh....

·
2018 Camry XSE V6
2,566 Posts
i'll upload the 2021 camry hybrid owner manual in a bit but the exterior and interior look the same.

·
Registered
2018 Camry XSE V6
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
OM06233U.pdf

2021 toyota camry hybrid owner manual.
So this will be the first time in history that there won’t be an update as everything looks the same.... the only possible changes are the taillights which would a new color scheme.... all clear with red bulbs or amber shading on the turn signal or run a chrome across the emblem trunk lid.... we shall see..

41 - 56 of 56 Posts