Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I recently installed a hitch on my 2021 Highlander XLE hybrid (no wiring tho) and found a plug behind the bumper. I wonder what that plug is for and if a simple convertor to 4 pin trailer plug would be enough to function the trailer taillights.
Thanks!

·
Registered
Highlander Hybrid 2020
415 Posts
Hi,
There are threads with all detailed answer and images, but the short story is: your hitch must not be Toyota OEM hitch because the OEM hitch kit contains that 2-feet cable.You can purchase that cable separately. It connects to the OEM Converter. 75$ US. To be installed inside the left wall at the 3rd seat level.
To summarize, to use that plug you have to buy the converter and the cable and you'll get the 4-pin trailer plug.
jf

·
Registered
63 Posts
4 pins = lights 7 pin = trailer brakes.

If its a 4 pin those come from factory with that, so they may have tucked it up after install.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,
There are threads with all detailed answer and images, but the short story is: your hitch must not be Toyota OEM hitch because the OEM hitch kit contains that 2-feet cable.You can purchase that cable separately. It connects to the OEM Converter. 75$ US. To be installed inside the left wall at the 3rd seat level.
To summarize, to use that plug you have to buy the converter and the cable and you'll get the 4-pin trailer plug.
jf
Thanks for reply. Can you please share the link to the thread you are talking about?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts