Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a 2021 Highlander L which unfortunately didn’t come equipped with a power lift gate. I have a toddler and now am pregnant and cannot hold toddler and open trunk door. Is it possible to have a power lift gate and foot sensor installed after purchase?? I have found plenty of videos and sites selling and showing install for most 2021 SUV makes and models but none for 2021 Highlander. Please help! I love this car, don’t wanna have to trade.

·
Registered
93 Posts
It will prob take them some time to engineer the new parts. And I am guessing the demand for these aftermarket lifts are probably low right now since there are only 2 model years into this generation. May take a few more years for them to come out.

·
Registered
20 Ruby Platinum HL, 19 Lexus UX200, 17 Yaris iA
1,373 Posts
Ask the dealer. Maybe they can come up with a parts list. It is integrated into the body central locking. Maybe it is a simple add. But you have to ask. Could be simple, maybe not.

We kind of miss it on our little Lexus, but know (now) I would miss it on our Highlander!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Bought a 2021 Highlander L which unfortunately didn’t come equipped with a power lift gate. I have a toddler and now am pregnant and cannot hold toddler and open trunk door. Is it possible to have a power lift gate and foot sensor installed after purchase?? I have found plenty of videos and sites selling and showing install for most 2021 SUV makes and models but none for 2021 Highlander. Please help! I love this car, don’t wanna have to trade.
US $406.80 40%OFF | Car Power Trunk Lift Electric Hatch Tailgate Tail gate Strut Auto Rear Door Actuator For TOYOTA Highlander XU50 2013~2020

Says works on 2020, but not sure. I would email the store.
v

1 - 4 of 4 Posts