Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is it parked outside and in wet environment?
Rotors rust and brake pads, likely ceramic, rub on rusted metal. Then it rubs away.
Thank you !
I took my 2021 Hybrid to the dealership a week ago and after three hours wait I received my car and I was told from the Dealer that the techs found a Rust on the Rotors and being cleaned. Much better now but still have a low pitch (squeaking and I will take it bake for a better cleaning)

Thank you all

·
Registered
Former: '11 Avalon,'12 Prius v Current: '19 Rav4h, '21 Avalon hybrid
331 Posts
Well, and what good was it, if they'll rust again? Replace brake pads with semi mets and be happy.

So the rust was on the steel rotors and you suggest replacing the pads?

First application of brakes cleans off the rust and doesn't happen again until it sits outside and it rains or fogs and the rotors collect condensation. If a new car, could have sat on the lot for a while and rusted.

Now if you wanted non-metalic rotors...seem to recall Porsche sells theirs for around $10k as an option.

·
Super Moderator
9,393 Posts
Whatever. You likely have OEM ceramic pads. I can't stand them, they are too hard and rub on OEM rotors annoyingly. Unless humidity in the air is canceled, rotors WILL rust again. Then, that rust build into the pads. And he will be back to square one with his squeaking issue. Semiorganics are the most quiet ones but, they also produce ton of black dust on rims.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts