Toyota Nation Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
20 Ruby Platinum HL, 19 Lexus UX200, 17 Yaris iA
260 Posts
I like the dark trim. The silvery current bright work is OK, but just OK.

The rear valance is a nice touch touch.

The wheels are...meh.

The red and black interior is too racer wannabe. Not tasteful.... Carmel much better.

A mat paint job would do it for me!

Sport tuned suspension!

Would be super nice if one could pick and choose a build that suits you. And actually have it delivered in a timely manner. Like you can for many European cars in Europe.

Allow me to dream.....

·
Registered
147 Posts
I hope the specs on the XSE will be out soon. I was close to making a decision on ordering the Platinum soon, but I do love the looks of the XSE. I just feel the HUD, panoramic moonroof, bigger screen, and I read where the seats would be softex, not real leather, or you get the black cloth. I did see this-"The options list is short but includes a 1,200-watt 11-speaker JBL sound system" ! Will be interesting for sure to see what they will offer.
I will be purchasing either a 2021 XSE or a 2021 Mazda CX9 signature. Whichever veicle drives the best and pleases me the most. Who knows how long we will have to wait because of the Chinese Corona virus.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I will be purchasing either a 2021 XSE or a 2021 Mazda CX9 signature. Whichever veicle drives the best and pleases me the most. Who knows how long we will have to wait because of the Chinese Corona virus.
CX9 interior is cheesy in my opinion. Some reviewers say the interior is about same size as highlander, but somehow when iam inside it just seems so much smaller. I like the XSE but I am not going to wait another year for it, the Hoax Virus vaccine wont be available until at least next year. I took the plunge and got me limited hybrid

·
Registered
147 Posts
CX9 interior is cheesy in my opinion. Some reviewers say the interior is about same size as highlander, but somehow when iam inside it just seems so much smaller. I like the XSE but I am not going to wait another year for it, the Hoax Virus vaccine wont be available until at least next year. I took the plunge and got me limited hybrid
'Cheesy' is a strange description, denoting the interior is cheap. almost every review of the CX9 describes the interior as near luxury. Edmunds describes the interior as 'The interior, especially in higher trims, is outfitted with high-quality materials. The cabin is quiet on the road and seating is comfortable ' Car and Driver states, 'near luxury interior'. The CX9 does appear smaller.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Car and driver also rates Chevy Equinox more reliable than Lexus GX, and recites JD Powers ratings - and we know they put Fiat/Dodge on top... go figure.

To me, the cx9 has a cheesy interior. Plus, it's bigger outside and smaller inside, that's a negative in my book. To each is own. No insult intended.

XSE seem ok, but ultimately I didn't think it was worth it to wait another year for the hoax virus to magically disappear before I get my new ride.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
'Cheesy' is a strange description, denoting the interior is cheap. almost every review of the CX9 describes the interior as near luxury. Edmunds describes the interior as 'The interior, especially in higher trims, is outfitted with high-quality materials. The cabin is quiet on the road and seating is comfortable ' Car and Driver states, 'near luxury interior'. The CX9 does appear smaller.
It’s much smaller interior than a highlander or telluride. I drove one and wasn’t impressed. Especially with that funky stereo controls with a knob.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
147 Posts
It’s much smaller interior than a highlander or telluride. I drove one and wasn’t impressed. Especially with that funky stereo controls with a knob.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I find the 'funky' knob strange when many other model vehicles have people complaining about the absence of control knobs. If the know is the only negative a vehicle has, I wouldn't have a problem with buying it. The only real advantage of HL XSE is the towing capability.

·
Registered
10 Posts
When do highlanders normally get released? Wondering when the 2021s are going to hit the dealers?

·
Registered
2016 VW Tiguan SE 4Motion (APR Stage 1, Neuspeed P-flow/wheels)
175 Posts
I might be the only one that doesn't like the XSE. I think the styling is a mess and is trying too hard to look sporty.

Good thing I already drive a little SUV that is actually sporty without trying too hard to be sporty.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I might be the only one that doesn't like the XSE. I think the styling is a mess and is trying too hard to look sporty.

Good thing I already drive a little SUV that is actually sporty without trying too hard to be sporty.
[/QUOT
Just about ALL SUV's look like a box, with the exception of the Mazda CX trims. One reason I am debating between the HL XSE and the Mazda CX9. I like the towing advantage of the XSE, not necessarily the design, albeit it is better than the other Highlanders.

·
Registered
7 Posts

Just purely aesthetically the XSE improves the wheel design option (only the Platinum looks great imo) and eliminates the Subaru-like airplane panel on the front.
Both improvements enough to consider the XSE over an XLE for example.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts