Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just bought a 2021 Venza XLE and can't figure out how to engage the Parking Assist feature. It is turned on in the Settings, but even after going through the manual, I can't get any information on the display. I've put it in the Driving Support mode and have the 7" Multi Information Display.

According to the sticker and Toyota web site, this model comes standard with Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) with Front and Rear Parking Assist with Automatic Braking (PA w/AB)

Perhaps I am erroneously thinking this is intuitive parking assist.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2021 Venza Limited
797 Posts
It doesn't have the self parking assist feature like the Prius does.

·
Registered
249 Posts
...this model comes standard with Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) with Front and Rear Parking Assist with Automatic Braking (PA w/AB)

Perhaps I am erroneously thinking this is intuitive parking assist...
Like they said, the Venza doesn't have "self park", but the XLE and Limited do have the front and rear "Intuitive" Parking Assist with Parking Support Brake (automatic braking) that you mentioned. I've found out first-hand that the vehicle will slow and then lock up the brakes if it thinks you are about to hit an object in the front or rear when parking.

And even without self-park, the Bird's Eye View and Projected Path in the Limited makes parking and cornering in reverse super easy. Please note that the LE and XLE only have Projected Path (no Bird's Eye View).

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just bought a 2021 Venza XLE and can't figure out how to engage the Parking Assist feature. It is turned on in the Settings, but even after going through the manual, I can't get any information on the display. I've put it in the Driving Support mode and have the 7" Multi Information Display.

According to the sticker and Toyota web site, this model comes standard with Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) with Front and Rear Parking Assist with Automatic Braking (PA w/AB)

Perhaps I am erroneously thinking this is intuitive parking assist.

Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts