Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife just got a 2022 Camry a week ago and I’m looking to upgrade the speakers and power them with an amp. I’ve searched high and low but can’t find any instructions on how to remove the 9” factory head unit in a 2022 Camry. The Corolla has a similar head unit but the trim and what not looks a little different so I’m unsure if the procedures are the same. Crutchfield doesn’t have a master sheet probably because it’s brand new. Hopefully someone out there has some info. Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I plan on tapping into the factory speaker wire behind the head unit for the amp. I just would like to have exact instructions before I start attempting it myself. Lol. It might be worth waiting though.

·
Registered
44 Posts
You pretty much just sit there and pull the dash apart with your hands. Till you get to the screws that hold radio in. Trim pieces, Heater control, Vent.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Upgrade the speakers. You only need an amp if you add a subwoofer. Consider frequency as you plan for an amp. Bass needs 2-3x the power that treble needs for the same loudness. With your stereo up halfway, can you hold a conversation with the passengers, or can you hear the engine? If you do, you'll end up hoarse from yelling, " Whacha say....? ". Visit a stereo shop and audition speakers so you know what's better than what you already have.

·
Registered
2020 Camry SE Hybrid
6 Posts
I would tell you this from my recent experience of upgrading my 2020 Camry SE hybrid. Save yourself a lot of money and headache and just do the sub and most importantly the front speakers. The rears don't add that much. I put a kicker Key 200.4 and JL Audio fronts in mine and well let's just say that while it sounds better it's not that OH WOW moment. Honestly I think the stock head unit has a pretty good sound stage it just needed some low end. My recommendation based on my experience (& $$$) is add a simple sub initially and see if it gets you to where you want to be. You'll be shocked how much just adding a little bit of bottom end into the stock system with upgraded speakers will sound. I'm now convinced that what I needed was just the bottom end with front stage speakers. Live and learn as they say.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts