Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2021 HiHy Limited AWD
93 Posts
If you can't get a good deal, check out the Costco Auto Program. I was able to get about $1000 off MSRP. And, I got a great offer for my trade-in. I surprisingly got $3k-4k more than I expected for my 4 yr old car based on KBB trade-in value. The chip shortage/auto shortage helped in that dept!

Thus, I essentially got invoice pricing for the new 2021 HiHy if you add up the above totals. Usual invoice pricing is about $4k-5k off MSRP. I installed the body side moldings and running boards myself and saved about $1k if the dealer had add the options.:)

By the way, you may have to wait until the end of the year or early next year for a 2022 HiHy if you want to utilize the Costco Auto Program. Only applicable for 2021 model year right now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I got it for MSRP including dealer fees, plus registration and taxes and minus and incentives Toyota has at the time of delivery. I consider myself lucky as all they other dreamers were doing MSRP plus all the fees. I figured that I'm keeping the car for a long time and even paying MSRP will not be that significant long term. Gray with caramel interior. Dealer said it will be 2-3 months before they can get me the vehicle. I'm excited 😀!

·
Registered
2021 HiHy Limited AWD
93 Posts
Status update: Just picked up the car, blew my mind of how well build toyotas are.. looking forward to putting on some miles.
I had a Prius about 5 yrs ago. When I was a kid, my parents owned a couple Toyotas too (a Corolla and a Camry at some point in my childhood). I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised at the build and finish quality of my current HiHy Limited. I've had the HiHy for a month now and I'm very happy with the car. My only complaint is the Voice Recognition works intermittantly. I'll bring it up at my first service appointment (I'm going bring it in for a 5K mile oil change). Also, my windshield has a 5-6 inch crack in it already because it got it by a rock on the freeway.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Just picked ours up on Saturday. Solid, exactly as expected. Ours took about 3-4 weeks in total. The manager at the dealership said that their allocation quantities are increasing.
Congrats!

I read the same thing on YAA that Toyota is the only major manufacturer that is receiving a higher allocation in November than it did in October and December will be even higher.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mine is scheduled to arrive between the 24th-29th of November so barring and shipping delays it should be here within a couple of weeks. From my test drive and sitting in a HiHy for about 30 minutes fiddling around with all the controls it seems really solid.

I'm in a smaller city and my dealer told me most of their cars that are coming in are already spoken for and have deposits put down. They had 4 HiHy's coming in. Three were already reserved and I got the forth. Interesting that 3 of them were loaded Platinum's w/ hitches which was great since that was exactly what I was looking for. I kind of lucked out in the car lottery we live in today.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Mine is scheduled to arrive between the 24th-29th of November so barring and shipping delays it should be here within a couple of weeks. From my test drive and sitting in a HiHy for about 30 minutes fiddling around with all the controls it seems really solid.

I'm in a smaller city and my dealer told me most of their cars that are coming in are already spoken for and have deposits put down. They had 4 HiHy's coming in. Three were already reserved and I got the forth. Interesting that 3 of them were loaded Platinum's w/ hitches which was great since that was exactly what I was looking for. I kind of lucked out in the car lottery we live in today.
Congrats on the expected arrival. I probably would have pulled the trigger last night on a XLE Blueprint, if I had my trade with me. Hopefully I’ll have it back in the next day or two. I was very happy with the deal we agreed on. It is the only one on his lot and he wouldn’t hold it for me until the end of the week. Even with me offering a $2,000 deposit.

I guess he’s hoping someone will come in that is willing to pay the $2,500 market adjustment I got them to relent on.

If it’s not there another one that meets my needs will come along. He definitely mistook my internet as desperation. He was shocked when I said I’ll check back later this week.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Congrats!

I read the same thing on YAA that Toyota is the only major manufacturer that is receiving a higher allocation in November than it did in October and December will be even higher.

They told us the same thing, that almost 2/3rds of their allocation coming in December is already spoken for, these guys are taking $1000 deposit per vehicle. He did tell me that not many people have wanted the Bronze Edition at all.

·
Registered
69 Posts
They told us the same thing, that almost 2/3rds of their allocation coming in December is already spoken for, these guys are taking $1000 deposit per vehicle. He did tell me that not many people have wanted the Bronze Edition at all.
Yeah. Im not crazy about the bronze. One delaer I looked at had about 6 of those and 2 White Pearl as the only choices in stock. I hate white cars…just a personal dislike. The cement color of the bronze looks very dull and boring to me. At least in pics. I haven’t seen one in person yet.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts