Toyota Nation Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
They told us the same thing, that almost 2/3rds of their allocation coming in December is already spoken for, these guys are taking $1000 deposit per vehicle. He did tell me that not many people have wanted the Bronze Edition at all.
My dealer was also requiring $1000 deposits to secure a car. That's where I'm at now.

I haven't seen the Bronze Edition except in photos but it does nothing for me either. And although I generally prefer more subdued colors (I getting Magnetic Gray) the Cement color reminds me of modelling clay and is a color I couldn't live with. To each their own though. I've notice several manufacturers have similar colors.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My dealer was also requiring $1000 deposits to secure a car. That's where I'm at now.

I haven't seen the Bronze Edition except in photos but it does nothing for me either. And although I generally prefer more subdued colors (I getting Magnetic Gray) the Cement color reminds me of modelling clay and is a color I couldn't live with. To each their own though. I've notice several manufacturers have similar colors.
The Dealer experience just isn't what it used to be to be honest, we've bought 4 cars from this specific dealer over the last 5-7 years and its eh... We ended up getting the Moondust color, its really nice the more I own it, as weird as that may sound. I see it in all different light tones and it looks a variety of colors, satisfying I guess.

The Bronze edition could have been way nicer if they had used a unique set of wheels (larger also) and perhaps played around with that shade of Bronze, gone darker in my opinion. My wife had the 2018 Rav4 SE and it had these awesome and unique black&polished set of wheels on it just for that trim, looked solid.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yeah. Im not crazy about the bronze. One delaer I looked at had about 6 of those and 2 White Pearl as the only choices in stock. I hate white cars…just a personal dislike. The cement color of the bronze looks very dull and boring to me. At least in pics. I haven’t seen one in person yet.
They could have definitely done a better and more well thought out job on the Bronze Edition, i saw a review on it on YouTube (Raiti's rides) and its inconsistently put together, bronze stitching on some mats, not on others. They 1/2-assed it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I realize this is the 2022 thread. But since I posted here snd looked at 22 and 21’s. I thought I’d give an update.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive carrying rack

Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Hood

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design

Car Automotive tail & brake light Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Window

I took delivery of a 2021 Hybrid XLE On Monday. So far only two commutes into work and no other driving but all is good. No wind noise even on the Highway at 65 mph. Road noise is minimal is noticeable at all. MPG have been right around 35 on both trips. Only have a total of 160 miles on it so far.

As my screen name indicates golf is my thing. Here are pics showing it with the third row down ready for 3-4 guys road trip. And one with the 3rd row up, showing there is still plenty of room for my single bag and a few extras.

One of the big factors in my going Highlander was the fact clubs fit fine horizontally. In my Edge I had to put them diagonally.

Got what I think was a good deal. $500 below MSRP plus the cargo package options. And got $24,500 for my trade 2018 Ford Edge.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The Dealer experience just isn't what it used to be to be honest,
I'm lucky in that my experience with the local dealer has been very good so far.

After visiting the Hyundai/Genesis dealer earlier in the week before putting the deposit down on the HiHy it was a world of difference. Of course the Hyundai dealer was one of those where the lot lizards are all lined up on the front curb of the showroom, sitting in chairs, just waiting for some unsuspecting prey to drive onto the lot. Actually, most had their heads buried in their smartphones. And it went downhill from there.

My Toyota dealer was laid back with no pressure at all and very upfront with everything. They didn't offer much for my trade-in but I'm in a position where I can just pay for the HyHi and sell my RDX outright so it worked out better actually.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm lucky in that my experience with the local dealer has been very good so far.

After visiting the Hyundai/Genesis dealer earlier in the week before putting the deposit down on the HiHy it was a world of difference. Of course the Hyundai dealer was one of those where the lot lizards are all lined up on the front curb of the showroom, sitting in chairs, just waiting for some unsuspecting prey to drive onto the lot. Actually, most had their heads buried in their smartphones. And it went downhill from there.

My Toyota dealer was laid back with no pressure at all and very upfront with everything. They didn't offer much for my trade-in but I'm in a position where I can just pay for the HyHi and sell my RDX outright so it worked out better actually.
See that's the thing, if the Genesis brand ever wanna really drive that premium feel, it starts from the minute a prospective customer pulls in, Lexus does a good job of ensuring the customer service portion of the sales process is neat & clean. They have to shake that image or its gonna be business as usual.

·
Registered
25 Posts
See that's the thing, if the Genesis brand ever wanna really drive that premium feel, it starts from the minute a prospective customer pulls in, Lexus does a good job of ensuring the customer service portion of the sales process is neat & clean. They have to shake that image or its gonna be business as usual.
Exactly. The GV70 has received almost universal accolades so I wanted to check it out for myself. It is indeed a very nice vehicle with great fit, finish, materials and drives nicely (although a gas hog on premium with the turbo V6).

But I was apprehensive just going for a test drive since there are no dedicated Genesis dealers anywhere close. The Hyundai dealer turned out to be worse than my lowest expectations. I was even told by the sales guy I was handed of to that they were not providing loaner cars when you go in for service because of COVID. Said all the luxury car dealers were doing that so I stopped my the Acura dealer on the way home and they had a whole row of loaners.

Having owned Infiniti, BMW & Acura's my last vehicles, Genesis is going to have a very tough sell for a lot of prospective buyers like myself if they are pushing their "Luxury" marque through their economy brand stores.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts