Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 3 of 40 Posts

· Registered
879 Posts
You can't really compare these two model years really until the new Camry comes out.

I had two X gen Accord hybrids and hands down the Toyota is a better built vehicle overall. You can tell immediately, especially when you do your own work on the vehicle. You can tell a lot of how a car is built by taking it apart to do a stereo installation, and you can easily tell why the Toyota costs a little more. Of course there is no perfect vehicle and there are things I def liked better about the Honda. I am curious about the new upgrades to their hybrid engine making and extra 15lbft now, may have to go drive one. Personally I would take the Toyota engine with the Honda transmission (yes the Honda hybrid has a transmission just not a common one and lets not get into that here), with the Honda interior but with the Toyota seats.

· Registered
879 Posts
Historically, Toyota has discounted the Camry more than Honda did the Accord, which is some of the reason why the Camry has been #1, besides its quality reputation. The Accord put sales pressure on Toyota, especially for the last generation one that was decried for being beige. I've always felt that Accord drove better than the Camry in terms of driving dynamics (Stuff that only car enthusiasts care about), which is what made Akio Toyoda force Toyota engineers to make the current Camry not appliance-like (or boring, according to the concept Wakudoki or "No more boring cars").
And you can tell it worked as soon as you turn the steering wheel. It definitely doesn't drive like Toyota of old with uncommunicative loose steering and sloppy suspension. Its also nice you actually get a different suspension with the SE/XSE compared with just some wheels and body add ons with the Sport Honda.

· Registered
879 Posts
The best Honda Accords were those with 2.0 Turbo engine. Unfortunately, the 2023 Accord excludes the 2.0T as Honda discontinued their best engine for garbage. As for Toyota Camry XSE V6 and XLE V6, the 2023 year is the last year for the 3.5L V6. Not sure about the TRD or other car models. 99 percent of people dislike the Idle-Stop feature on Honda's as it is annoying.
The best engine is the hybrid and the reason they discontinued the 2.0t it is because of CAFE and the fact they moved the hybrid upline to meet their fuel targets. The start stop does exactly what it's supposed to and people turn it off on all cars not just Hondas. I would like to drive the 23 in a hybrid to see the difference between my two X Gen Accords and the XI model with more torque ect. What's interesting is that they kept the 1.5t even with all these blown engine and head gaskets popping up now.

1 - 3 of 40 Posts