Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Nice, power folding mirrors and wireless charging in the middle dash. Would've been nice if they popped that turbo 4 into the hybrid engine bay.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm disappointed that a Highlander Hybrid Prime isn't an option for 2023 as that's what I was hoping to purchase next.

And from the sound of it, as mentioned in the YouTube video, it won't be an option for quite awhile.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I would have liked folding outside mirrors on my 2021 Limited. Nice they moved the phone charger-hope they increased the power output so it can actually recharge my iphone instead of keeping it at its initial charge level. Still hoping for them to add 6-way passenger front power seat adjustment. The dash gauge cluster coating to reduce glare/reflection is a much needed/welcome tweak.

A comment about wheels....my Limited came with the 20 'alloy' wheels. Due to a recent excessive curb rash incident, I find out that the wheels have a chrome 'hubcap' (for lack of a better term) pressed into the wheel. That may actually be a better approach but when one reads alloy wheel in the description, it is sort of misleading.
J

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'm not sure how the final details are, but I have to say I am pretty happy reading the list of updates. Small details that matter, and for the non-hybrid buyers, an engine upgrade that will bring Highlanders closer to what competitors in the class do.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I would have liked folding outside mirrors on my 2021 Limited. Nice they moved the phone charger-hope they increased the power output so it can actually recharge my iphone instead of keeping it at its initial charge level. Still hoping for them to add 6-way passenger front power seat adjustment. The dash gauge cluster coating to reduce glare/reflection is a much needed/welcome tweak.

A comment about wheels....my Limited came with the 20 'alloy' wheels. Due to a recent excessive curb rash incident, I find out that the wheels have a chrome 'hubcap' (for lack of a better term) pressed into the wheel. That may actually be a better approach but when one reads alloy wheel in the description, it is sort of misleading.
J
I sold my 17 Limited to a friend now but when I bought it. I told them to take those wheels off or no sale, I had already heard about plastic wheels, so they exchanged them for SE wheels...Now I wont buy another one.. Was hoping for a plug in... so IM done

·
Registered
10 Posts
The center console, with "wireless" charger, is probably the thing that bugs me most about my 2022 Limited. There is a big bin there. Mostly unusable because the roll top limits access. Then the charger gets in the way. I bought mine blind. Even if I knew it had that flaw I probably would have bought it anyway. Where else can you find a vehicle this big that gets about 32+ mpg?
The other thing that bugs me about that center console is the 12v power supply. What a strange location for it. Inside the bin! It should have been in the back of the console, next to the usb and 120v outlets for the middle seats. And there should really be a 12v power plug next to the 120v outlet is the rear of the vehicle. Yes I know I can convert 120v AC to 12v DC, or even 5v USB. But that wastes power, and requires me to turn on 120v. Silly IMO.

edit: I have not used the wireless charger yet. It seems strange you have to turn it on. There must be a good reason for that.

edit2: Still not sure how I like the 2022 Limited wheels. If the chrome is between the wheels and the plastic it might be a good thing.

·
Registered
112 Posts
The center console, with "wireless" charger, is probably the thing that bugs me most about my 2022 Limited. There is a big bin there. Mostly unusable because the roll top limits access.
A lot of us have removed the wireless charger and it makes the center console much more usable. There is a thread here and YouTube video showing how to do it. Not particularly difficult and doesn't take long.

·
Registered
116 Posts
A lot of us have removed the wireless charger and it makes the center console much more usable. There is a thread here and YouTube video showing how to do it. Not particularly difficult and doesn't take long.
I don't find the console location of wireless charger objectionable. What does bother me is its lack of charging power. One of these days I am going to take it apart to see how to mod it, or just retrofit another charger.
J

·
Registered
193 Posts
I don't find the console location of wireless charger objectionable. What does bother me is its lack of charging power. One of these days I am going to take it apart to see how to mod it, or just retrofit another charger.
J
In another thread I have details on the pins and connector used. I'd love to see details on a retrofit. It'd be nice to have one that even works - my phone will charge until the slightest movement, throwing it off.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts