Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Toyota Highlander, 2016 Toyota RAV4
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a quick look at key specs of the new Sequoia compared with Highlander, 4Runner and Chevy Tahoe.
The new Sequoia has less passenger space than the Highlander, less cargo space and worse ground clearance than the 4Runner.
Vs. the Tahoe, there is simply no comparison, the Chevy has vastly more passenger and cargo space.
The only spec in which the Sequoia excels is towing capacity.
Fuel economy is worse than Highlander, and although it beats the Tahoe gasoline engine, Tahoe diesel offers better fuel economy than the all-new hybrid Sequoia.
I don't know about you, but to me the new Sequoia looks like a total loser.

Font Screenshot Number Parallel Circle

·
Registered
149 Posts
I added 2022 Sequoia to the comparison. The new model lost a lot of legroom and cargo space compared with the outgoing model.
Interesting. This is almost definitely a result of ditching the 1st and (1st gen has solid rear axle thx @N2fw) 2nd generation's independent rear suspension, and using the same solid rear axle that the Tundra and Land Cruiser use. Definitely ups the towing/hauling capability, lowers cargo/passenger space, and lowers paved road comfort.

--Chris N.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Interesting. This is almost definitely a result of ditching the 1st and 2nd generation's independent rear suspension, and using the same solid rear axle that the Tundra and Land Cruiser use. Definitely ups the towing/hauling capability, lowers cargo/passenger space, and lowers paved road comfort. --Chris N.
1st Gen was solid rear axle, 2nd Gen independent. Rear seat space lost in 3rd gen also due to battery packs for hybrid system

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone seen the dimensions for the cargo area with 3rd row folded; length, height and width for the 2023? We use an intermediate Gunner Kennel for our 90lb Lab and are concerned with the 3rd row seating looking several inches above the floor when folded. Our kennel is 28.5" tall, 23" wide and 34" in length.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts