Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok here i go... i just put in a silvertop in my ae86, it runs really well and i love it, however, on a couple of damp mornings i've had trouble getting the engine to run right, it would barely start and then idle very low, bog out when i step on the gas while in idle, and even choke out and stall... i'm completely puzzled..

all the wiring has been checked, nothing is getting wet, ecu, ignitor, coil, etc..

later in the day the car runs fine, when the weather is hot in the morning the car runs fine..

the car did this once with my old 16v.. so i'm thinking fuel filter or pump, but that would mean i should have a problem all the time, i don't, the car runs amazingly always except in the above scenario..

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
96 3MZ M/T
Camry
2,879 Posts
my sister car had that problem check the gasket around the distrobuter and make sure water isnt getting in there. also maybe a bottle of iso-dry might take anywater in the system if you think that there might be any in there at all.

·
Registered
366 Posts

maybe try running a bunch of new ground wires or even buy an inexpensive grounding kit, it made a big difference on my '85, especially during starts and just after starts, and more noticeable when cold.

Neil

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
Might be the o2 sensor, our mercedes did the same on damp days, replaced it and it worked.

·
Wheels Direct rep
103 Posts
nate, chk your seals on the dizzy and intake gaskets. dial in your idle higher to offset the low idle. my car suffers in the damp weather aswell. i think high compression cars suffer in damp weather cause of the lower O2 concentration from the water displacing the volume.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts