Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Check it out gentlewomen.. I am working on a 20V ITB to 16V 4AGE adapter plate, just like T3 makes. Only difference is mine will be cheaper + you actually get to talk to me about the adapter and get things right.
Each adapter will be made to order.. not cast like T3's.

Let me know what you guys think, obviously the adapter is only half done.. I need to take this part of the adapter to the junk yard tomorrow and put it on a 4AGE smallport.. make sure it's port matched and it fits fine. This piece only weighs a 1lb.. CNC'd out of 1/2" aluminum.

·
Registered
84 Posts
That looks like its for a redtop, wouldn't a bluetop flange be better for the AE86/AE92 guys?

Respect for doing it though, looks great. :thumbup:

·
Banned
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am fab'ing this for a customer, he has a small port G head.. Like I said, these are all custom made.. You tell me what you have and what you want and I fab it.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Slick. How'd you get the adapter tubes to taper from round to the port shape? Or was that CNC'd out as well?

·
nice guy
191 Posts
how much would you be selling them for?

·
Banned
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
220ish.. depending on what you want.. longer runners.. bent runners.. polished.. painted...

·
Registered
313 Posts
you probably couldnt make one for a 4alc...could you

from what i know of this motor....the intake and exahust manifolds use the same gasket....which would make for some interesting fab work....

·
Banned
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Exactly Aaron.

Hmm.. I know what the 4AC looks like.. I would have to see a gasket for it to determine.. But why the hell would you want to go EFI on a 4AC? Plus, where would you put the injectors?

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
Intake runners are the exact same length and are controlled by individual throttlebodies. Helps resonance-/pulsecharging.
Punisher, you the same punisher that made those throttlebodies out of the keihins?

·
Banned
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Also the same Punisher that did a Keihin setup on my 4AF, which I made an intake manifold for that as well.

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
yeah, I ditched the keihins too... I got tired of the fact that I had an airleak (presumably from the throttleshaft). So now I have webers.. did you ever get that EFI setup to work?

·
Banned
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I tried using the Keihins as throttle bodies but I decided to ditch that as well.. just for the fact to get my car back on the road. So it's just factory setup now.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts