Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Mr. Nice Guy
1991 Corolla GT-S
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering what would be more worth it in the end the 20v ITBS onto my 16v or 20vSwap.

Is the 20v swap expensive or hard? Is their lots of difficulties?

Will the stock 4ag's transmission work with the 20v?

Would it just be better to use the 20vs trans?

Also are the Itb velocity stack things dangerous to your engine, what would you have to watch out for?

What else do I need other than the Engine trans and ecu?

I decided to stay n/a for my engine and I'd like ITBs with velocity stacks(I think thats what you call em, the little bells sticking out the ITBs)

·
4A-GZE
Corrola GT-S
417 Posts
well for AE92 im not sure if u have to make room for the coils....
your stock 16v tranny will fit the 20v motor... but it'll b alot more fun if u do the 6speed tranny swap.... also i "think" u need to get a new altonator, harnest, & dizzy... check with itchy on the forums.. he has a BT 20V in his AE92.... so i think he would know best...
sorry i dun remember his user name but im sure some1 inhere will b ableto fill that in for me... good luck with everything

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,669 Posts
The 6spd tranny only runs with the Blacktop 20V ECU, so I guess Blacktop swap it is if you want a 6spd. :D

As for running ITBs on a 16V motor.. you do realize you will need an aftermarket system to manage it. :eek: $$$$$

And Ichi, you're looking for TRDragoon. :)

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
Aftermarket systems dont have to be expensive... MEGASQUIRT! :lol:

sounds like the peter north of the car industry... hehehe

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,669 Posts
Flashmn said:
Aftermarket systems dont have to be expensive... MEGASQUIRT! :lol:

sounds like the peter north of the car industry... hehehe
considering they can be from $1000 to $2000.. yeah I guess that's cheap. :)

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
Full ecu, well... it works, some have made some better and more developed variants of it. Its basically a DIY Ecu for people who dont want to dish out 1000's of dollars for a brand name one. Its gotten to be a big hit here in finland.

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
well you can get the ECU ready-assembled, yes there will be wiring, you can use alteast some of the existing sensors, programmed via laptop.

·
The Mad Scientist
Lexus GS300
849 Posts
REN69 said:
The 6spd tranny only runs with the Blacktop 20V ECU, so I guess Blacktop swap it is if you want a 6spd. :D

As for running ITBs on a 16V motor.. you do realize you will need an aftermarket system to manage it. :eek: $$$$$

And Ichi, you're looking for TRDragoon. :)
I've yet to see any proof of this, and I HIGHLY doubt it's true. It's a mechanical tranny, it's shifted by linkage.

And you can also use the C60 from the 7th gen Celica GTS.

-Doc

1 - 20 of 33 Posts