Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this size ok for the Gen4 4cyl? I went to tires.com and they recommend that for the 4cyls it should be 215/40/18. *.1% too slow on the speedo* Also on the tire calc, it said that with 225 it would be 1.4% too slow and that if I was driving 60 it would actually be reading 60.8 --> Is it ok to run this size (225) on the 4cyl? I believe that the V6s have larger wheels than 4cyl...

·
Registered
324 Posts
Be very careful with your offset, my 205/60/15s (on stock steelies) rubbed in the back of my Camry, which meant I had to get a pair of H&R spacers.

In addition, be very careful about wheel weight, as heavy wheels only increase the effort it'll take to get the Camry moving...

HTH -

DJ

·
Diablo
05 Altima SER+93 Cam
353 Posts
I have 225 45 17's I think on my Altima and they wont even fit on the rear of my Camry..... They touch the struts in teh rear but on the front they fit just right...

·
Lives For The Curves
93 Camry
1,546 Posts
18's on a 4cyl will make you slow as heck... and Ufoz has a 4cyl.

·
Pimpin' In Paradise.
2000 Toyota Camry
339 Posts
I'm running 235/40/18's and they rub in the back. Does anybody know why? Do I need to get a different size tire? I don't really understand the "spacer" concept. When I go in a dip, the back tires rub.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts