Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 90 pu with the 22r. It's been stumbling occasionally when driving a consistent speed. So, I put some higher octane fuel in it to see what would happen. Well, it seems worse now. So, I popped off the air cleaner and, well, pardon my ignorance (I'm used to 4 bbl carbs), but this thing seems to have one jet and 2 intakes? Is that right? Anyways, the intake, without the jet in it, is mostly closed (butterfly valve) even when warmed up.

SO, all that to say: Is this a vacuum problem? Is this valve run by the EGR? I need ideas here... thanks in advance.

·
Banned
2,353 Posts
i think its your choke and its probabally sticking and choking your truck out. if it has an electric choke it may be the choke heater or the wiring to the choke heater. im not real sure about the 22r carbs i know my mazda had a weber carb an it stuck the same way. i also may have it backwards and it may be working as it should. i think when the choke is working its supposed to close the butterflies untill its warm.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.