Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bother in law has an 85 carbed with the 22r on the fritz. He's looking around to find running 22r but no luck. Today I looked an inline DOHC with the tranny. I didn't have the time to check which engine it was. How do you check what engine it is?

Did any toyota trucks come with a DOHC engine? If so, which models? I know going from carbed to efi requires the harness and computer. Anybody done this type of engine swap?

Any info would be appriciated.

Thanks

·
One with the farce
3,142 Posts
A 22R-GTE would be yummy.

The simplest, cheapest, most user-friendly, reliable engine is another 22R to replace it with, unless you have time, money, and you know what you're doing before you get part way into the project and find that it's too much for you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
22R-GTE, yeah that would be awesome. But I don't think my bother in law wants to trick out his truck.

I've worked on modifying my 89 Camaro, engine swap, wiring including re-pinning. So doing an engine swap shouldn't be that much of a problem. Need to find out what engine it is and the wiring system it would need.

Please forgive my ignorance, I'm use to L98, LT1, LS1. etc. so I'm not famliar with Toyota engine codes yet. Just mine, 3EE and my brother in law's, 22R.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts