Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D I'm planning on buying a '78-'80 Corolla 1.8 2dr, and swaping the motor for a 22RE engine (with all the high performance goodies of course), but as far the transmission goes, what can I do to it? Or should I use a different trans?

·
96 3MZ M/T
Camry
2,879 Posts
it all depends on how much your gona hot rod the 22re or 22rte

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know that there are many high performance parts for that engine and they are easily available, so I plan on doing the most I can to the 22RE. No turbos I plan going all motor.

·
96 3MZ M/T
Camry
2,879 Posts
you get more power if you went with a 22r since you can get a large dual carb setup that way if you want lots of power. the 22r setup can give around 300 if done right. i belive your car has the 18r in it right now. you may have to use a diffrent tranny because i dont think the 2 mate. just get an old celica engine with tranny still on it and you should be good to rock.

·
Registered
My wife crazy!!!
5 Posts
How about a 20r hybrid. it is a 20r head on a 22re block. I have one for sale all internals are stock and it makes arond 170HP. Send me a email and i can give you more info. The motor is in a ae86 so it will probably come with a act clutch and 4 puck disk. the best thing to do is use a w58 tranny from a celica supra.

[email protected]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts