Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to put the OME coils on my '07 TRD 4wd on the front with no spacers and do nothing to the back hoping it will sit about level, then stuff 285/75R16s under it on some 16x8 4.5" backspaced wheels. Anyone try this before? I'm thinking it will work. Seems the 3" coil over lifts when fully compressed won't be any different than a stock truck fully compressed....

·
Trevor
2,026 Posts
McJohn said:
I'm thinking it will work. Seems the 3" coil over lifts when fully compressed won't be any different than a stock truck fully compressed....
You're absolutely correct. Unless you make changes to your bump stops or control arms your suspension still travels through the same range of motion as it did stock. Technically you could stuff a 33" tire on a stock truck with the same kind of trimming as a truck with 3" of lift would need when using all of its suspension travel. Difference is guys with 3" of lift rarely stuff their tires if they did it would be no different then a guy with stock setup doing it. The tire will stop when the lower control arm hits the bump stop.

·
GO GATORS!!
2007 Toyota Tacoma
1,370 Posts
if ur planning on just lifting the front and doing nothing to the back, dont do it it looks stupid. i put 2.5 procomp on the front of mine and put 265's on and the tires leveled out the back a little but it still looks bad with the front sitting higher, just ask pointer he makes fun of it every chance he gets

1 - 3 of 3 Posts