Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
Camry SE
170 Posts
look at the TC header same motor just dont know about fitment as in for the O2 and exhaust maybe need some adjustments to fit. I thought about gettin a TC header but might as well jsut wait and see what comes out.....

· Camry Gen5er
2002 Camry LE I4
240 Posts
tC headers will not fit... the pipe at the bottom does not match but u can custom fab the piping but u will not be able to go back to your stock header. The solara ones work though. There was one made by JP Performance or something before. It's about 500 bucks. And u need some kinda ECU thing to change the A/F timing otherwise u don't get much outta it. I gave up on it, costs too much for a bit of performance. Disappointing...

tC headers only costs 200-300ish. And there's a bunch of dynos out for them at scionlife.com. But even if u put it on your car don't expect the same results because the piping is all different along w/ different ECU and timings.

Only thing that works from the tC is the pulleys.

I think i've put enough performance mods on this car. Disappointing car to mod for performance (and it's an automatic :disappoin ). Saving up for my next car now, gonna be along the lines of IS350/G35.

· Camry Gen5er
2002 Camry LE I4
240 Posts
it removes some weight from the stock crank pulleys so the power goes to the wheels. There's some debate from some people that it can harm the engine though but i haven't seen any one with problems as a result of the pulleys. I'm always watching that other forum to see if anyone gets a blown engine as a result lol. So far, pretty good results...

you can find lots of stuff here
http://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=100062&highlight=pulleys
http://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=97
http://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=122725

· Banned
4,370 Posts
zettahertz said:
I think i've put enough performance mods on this car. Disappointing car to mod for performance (and it's an automatic :disappoin ). Saving up for my next car now, gonna be along the lines of IS350/G35.
LMAO Dude... It's a 4piston, 3200lbs+ car. What did you expect? LoL! Ofcorse its dissipointing & slow LoL!

The pulleies should not harm the engine unless they physically do not fit. All semi-modern Toyota enginers are internally balanced. The crankshaft pulley is nothing more than a rubber isolated harmonic dampener. It has no bearing on engine balance.

· Camry Gen5er
2002 Camry LE I4
240 Posts
yup, it pisses me off that i can't do much about it... no CARB legal turbos/SC nothing

o yeah... forgot about this link...
http://www.yoursciontc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6923&st=0
That's where I found the negative crap about the pulleys even if engines are internally balanced. I know some ppl that has it for several yrs w/o problems, so i just took the risk and got a set.

· Camry Gen5er
2002 Camry LE I4
240 Posts
i dun think so, but I got that information from someone that had the solara header and he had contact w/ ppl that made the headers.

· Camry Gen5er
2002 Camry LE I4
240 Posts
yeah, i think they r the only ones that fit...

· The Naive Voice of Reason
2018 Toyota Highlander Limited Platinum Blizzard White
2,063 Posts
Is OBX reliable?

· Registered
'02 Camry XLE
80 Posts
yeah OBX now makes headers for the 2AZ
I was thinking about these or modifying the tC headers for my gen 5, but if you go with the OBX system it looks like you're doing away with both cats instead of just the upper...right?

· Registered
2013 Camry XLE
3,545 Posts
I think this is an all time record for dead thread resurrection. 9.17 years !! I haven't even seen the previous participants in years.

· Registered
'02 Camry XLE
80 Posts
I knew it was a long shot, but I thought I'd give it a try.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.