Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Avalon XL
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Never did ask Moondogg but what got you from the 14.7-14.8 range down to the ...what....14.3's your at now?
Lets see... Short answer, listening to you guys, a LOT of test'n'tuning, and getting the Torque app. :nerd:
More specifically I 1) Switched from the K&N short ram to the DC Sports Cold Air intake. That got me to 14.5... 2) Wrapped the CAI in the sunshade ESPECIALLY the maf sensor itself. I even bought a laser thermometer to make sure that everything the intake was close to that could warm it up was wrapped. Then I did the coolant bypass for the throttle body. That got me down to 14.4... 3) I got the Orangevirus tune. That got me down to 14.3... It also helped that by the time all of this was done, it was october/november. Now I got the headers and dual exhaust, I'm running 14.3 in the same weather I was running 14.5 in last year...

When you get in the 12's, wake me up :)
We'll be waking you up soon enough!>:D not even counting my r9k tune. I've done an obsessive amount of research since starting this thread, and have test'n'tuned at least a dozen times since. I know my car. Still, Let me know if this doesn't hold water.

In October/November weather, 40-45 degrees, I'm confident I could pull a 14.1 sec quarter mile with my current setup. Now for my future mods
-.1 sec NST Lightweight Crank Pulley. Myxalplyx already tested.
-.1 sec Lightweight lithium battery and duplicate Myxalplys's tapered intake design. Myxalplyx already tested.
-.1 sec MWR valve body. Myxalplyx already tested a similar unit from Level 10, I believe.
-.3 sec Limited Slip Differential. Super Street already tested. http://www.superstreetonline.com/how-to/transmission-drivetrain/impp-0911-limited-slip-differential/
-.??? R9k tune with the rev limiter raised to 7100 rpm.

^^^This will be done over the next year and should get me get me to mid-low 13s range. The following year, I'm looking to get either boosted, or built. HOPEFULLY that'll get me in very high 12s.

THEN... Ima wake you up, alright. by doing burnouts up and down your block:burnout:

·
Slow 2010 RAV4 Sport
2010 Toyota RAV4
279 Posts
Lets see... Short answer, listening to you guys, a LOT of test'n'tuning, and getting the Torque app. :nerd:
More specifically I 1) Switched from the K&N short ram to the DC Sports Cold Air intake. That got me to 14.5... 2) Wrapped the CAI in the sunshade ESPECIALLY the maf sensor itself. I even bought a laser thermometer to make sure that everything the intake was close to that could warm it up was wrapped. Then I did the coolant bypass for the throttle body. That got me down to 14.4... 3) I got the Orangevirus tune. That got me down to 14.3... It also helped that by the time all of this was done, it was october/november. Now I got the headers and dual exhaust, I'm running 14.3 in the same weather I was running 14.5 in last year...

We'll be waking you up soon enough!>:D not even counting my r9k tune. I've done an obsessive amount of research since starting this thread, and have test'n'tuned at least a dozen times since. I know my car. Still, Let me know if this doesn't hold water.

In October/November weather, 40-45 degrees, I'm confident I could pull a 14.1 sec quarter mile with my current setup. Now for my future mods
-.1 sec Lightweight lithium battery and duplicate Myxalplys's tapered intake design. Myxalplyx already tested.
-.1 sec MWR valve body. Myxalplyx already tested a similar unit from Level 10, I believe.
-.3 sec Limited Slip Differential. Super Street already tested. http://www.superstreetonline.com/how-to/transmission-drivetrain/impp-0911-limited-slip-differential/

^^^This will be done over the next year and should get me get me to mid-low 13s range. The following year, I'm looking to get either boosted, or built. HOPEFULLY that'll get me in very high 12s.

THEN... Ima wake you up, alright. by doing burnouts up and down your block:burnout:
That's a lot of detail. Thanks for your research on this. Looking forward to using the wrap.

I feel confident in you running in the 13s as well. That 1st 60ft is going to be critical with the extra power you will be putting out and tire grip.

On the highways, it'll be a beast.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2009 Avalon XL
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
That's a lot of detail. Thanks for your research on this. Looking forward to using the wrap.

I feel confident in you running in the 13s as well. That 1st 60ft is going to be critical with the extra power you will be putting out and tire grip.

On the highways, it'll be a beast.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
True! I was already looking into wider wheels because I want more of a "stanced" look. The lsd is supposed to do wonders for grip also.

·
Registered
2009 Avalon XL
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Well, Mine isnt stanced.. but looks flush

19x8.5 +30
19x9.5 +35

Im using ESR wheels which are replicas of real wheels.
Looks damn good! Where'd you get them? Is there a better place to shop aftermarket wheels than Tire Rack? I like that they show the weight for most of the wheels and tires, but the selection seems kind of limited for the bigger sizes.

·
Honda-Tech White Ops
1,581 Posts

·
Wallet abuser
01 Tacoma 06 Avalon
114 Posts

Any pictures of the headers installed? me likey the idea of no more sulfer smelling cats...

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm a newbie to TN and I want to say thanks for the info in this thread. I've found helpful information in this thread and others on TN. Plus I'm curious to find out how fast you can make your Avalon as you mod it.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts