Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 2GRFE. 111k miles

I have dried coolant in the valley of the engine. Looks like it’s bubbled, kind of honeycomb looking. Is this the head gasket? Any other areas that coolant could be leaking from? Thanks.

·
Registered
911 Posts
You should probably take it to a mechanic to be checked, but here's a useful article about the topic.

Robert N.

·
Registered
2015 Toyota Avalon
100 Posts
Looks more like a seeping intake gasket. If you really wanted to, you’re about at the mileage for a spark plug replacement, since the upper intake usually comes off to do that, would not be too much more to repalce the gasket on the lower.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does coolant run through the lower intake gasket?? I already did the plugs and upper plenum gaskets. I’m going to dig down further to investigate.

·
Registered
2016 AVALON XLE, 2016 ES350
127 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Two easy ways to test for a blown head gasket, you can put a radiator pressure test tool on it. pump the pressure up, if it does not hold pressure and no leaks on the ground, pretty good indication of a head gasket issue. The other is a compression test. There is also a test you can do to see if there are exhaust gasses in the coolant.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts