Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i just bought a non turbo 97 supra special edition, i know other nonturbo supras engine code is 2jzge, and turbo is gte or gtte, but mine says 2jza74...i thought the "a" was just for the chassie i.e. jza80, cuz that is what my chassie says, someone told me, my car should have a turbo in it, but i think the chassie is that...ie AE86 is for the corolla sr-5 as well as gts, so can anyone tell me if they heard of the 2jz74 engine...ill have pics on my webpage soon

my page:

http://www.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=3619549&Mytoken=20040917002948

·
5M-GE
2,901 Posts
JXZ80 is the chassis, for all intents and purposes. The last "0" itself may vary on the VIN, but that doesn't matter so much with the Supra (it may with other cars). For example, yeah, the AE86 is the RWD Corolla that you know, but the AE82 (I think) is the FWD non-sports-at-all sedan version of similar years.

2JZ-GE and 2JZ-GTE are the NA and turbo motor, respectively. GTTE technically isn't the right term, just GTE is what it is.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
...my chassie says jza80 (ill have pics on my page posted hopfully on sunday)...but thanx for the input!
im just tryin to find out what the hell is up with the engine...
2jza74???

·
5M-GE
2,901 Posts
2JZA74? No such animal? Unless you're talking about it marked down on an identification plate somewhere. It's a 2JZ-GE you've got.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey thanx alot, thats what i was figurin out today, at the car show...witch was gay...i never wanna go to a local show again, but thanx alot

1 - 5 of 5 Posts