Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Bootyologist
2004 Toyota Camry LE
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you live in the New York area, have you ever took your Gen 5 Cam on the Taconic State PkWy? The handling is great.....I was doing about 65 -70 mph on the Taconic St Pkwy. The didn't feel like it was going that fast. My bro's 99 Maxima doesn't even handle like my 04 Cam....Does anyone else have any adventurous stories?

·
Bootyologist
2004 Toyota Camry LE
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Where? Long Island? I have a friend who use to have a Toyota Celica but some bitch hit'em so the Ins.Comp totaled the car...LI is far away from where I'm from.

·
Why not?
226 Posts
why yes ive brought my camry on the taconic state parkway, (i LOVED it...)

Once....

and that day i got pulled over by TWO cops on the taconic for going slllllllllightly over the speed limit......

eh ya know 96 in a 50mph zone......

that was the first and last time i drove on that parkway.. and dont worry i got out of the ticket! Shed a couple tears, tell a few white lies ect....

·
Registered
99 Camry LE
180 Posts
The taconic state parkway is great. But there are way too many cops. Sprain Parkway/bronx river parkway (what taconic becomes farhter south) is much better. I topped out my camry at 115 mph on bronx river parkway. Also, the curves on taconic/sprain/bronx parkway are great!!

·
Bootyologist
2004 Toyota Camry LE
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it's like real life gran turismo..

·
Registered
156 Posts
I've been on the Taconic, the Sprain, the BX River Pkwy, the Merritt, the Cross County and a few more. I'm a big fan of the Saw Mill though. Lots of good hills and turns and very few cops. The only problem is there are a few traffic lights, which don't belong on a highway.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts