Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1991 Toyota Camry, 3sfe 2.0L, Sedan, FWD, Auto
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always wondered what rpm my 91 Camry sat at while doing highway speeds (65-75mph). I don't have a tach and have not found any other information about it. Would anyone know?

·
3s-gte in a Camry?!?
'89 Camry Alltrac
9,089 Posts
Depends on options... Auto/manual, 4/6 cylinder, FWD or Alltrac.

Lowest RPM is a 5-speed 4-cylinder, which would be ~2600 RPM at those speeds
Highest RPM would be an auto Alltrac, which is 3000-3100 RPM at those speeds.
All the others are in between those two.

Also, if you want a tach, you can find a gauge cluster with tach and swap it in (and even keep your current odometer if you swap it over into the tach cluster). Make sure you get one from the same engine and 'look' so they will be compatible. It is a plug-n-play swap if you get the right parts.

-Charlie

·
Registered
1991 Toyota Camry, 3sfe 2.0L, Sedan, FWD, Auto
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Depends on options... Auto/manual, 4/6 cylinder, FWD or Alltrac.

Lowest RPM is a 5-speed 4-cylinder, which would be ~2600 RPM at those speeds
Highest RPM would be an auto Alltrac, which is 3000-3100 RPM at those speeds.
All the others are in between those two.

Also, if you want a tach, you can find a gauge cluster with tach and swap it in (and even keep your current odometer if you swap it over into the tach cluster). Make sure you get one from the same engine and 'look' so they will be compatible. It is a plug-n-play swap if you get the right parts.

-Charlie
Its the 3fse 4 cylinder fwd. And I had no idea it was like a plug and play for the gauge cluster! I found a gauge cluster in a junkyard the other day so might consider that swap. Thank you for the information Charlie!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.