Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 mr2
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, my mr2 is putting out blue smoke :(

a bit of background: main water hose broke while driving back in febuary, needed a new headgasket. After a new one compression showed 180-200 across. Next i found out the turbo seals were done, so i installed a ct20b with new headers. Now its putting blue smoke out the back (didnt drive it before all this happened), it gets worse when u go into boost, but its seems to only smoke when i accelerated above 3000rpm. (i slowly reved it up in neutral so not to spool the turbo, and it only smoked above 3000rpm.

Now i was thinking it could be a blow by problem, but compression says otherwise..
Also, if i remove the oil cap the car stalls and theres a bunch of oil in the intake (right from the airbox to the manifold to the pcv hoses)..

Also, there isnt any smoke on cold start or when granny driving.

could it be bad piston rings? if not, would seafoaming it help?

while im posting can anyone give me a link for a good tutorial for a motorswap?

(its a 91 usdm mr2 btw)

Thanks

·
Registered
91 mr2
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats correct on no PCV , but I thought you had a 2nd gen?^
If you have excessive oil in the intake, you may have a leaky seal on that CT20.especially if it was a used one.
But the PCV hose comes to mind.
Did you make sure it's routed and not leaking from valve cover to the nipple on the throttlebody?
2nd gen mr2 with a 1st gen 3sgte, srys for the confusion.

and ill check that once i get a chance to, im just thinking, could it be the piston rings, and theres only blow by when the motor runs at a certain rpm?

just real confused by it .
also, the turbo should be good, i check for shaft play, side to side and in and out, she was good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.