Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87' Camry
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im doing routine mantainance on my gfs camry (changed oil checked battery and was cleaning intake out) when all of a sudden i go to start the car and it immediately dies. im thinking great vacuum leak. i get out and look and the big hose coming from the air cleaner that goes to the intake is cracked right at the flex part. i called toyota to see how much they want for one of these hoses and its anywhere from 98 to 120$$. there a way i can repair this or do they make aftermarket part? (whether it be cold air intake or stock doesnt matter)

my cars already non drivable because my transmission is out and now she doesnt have a car which means were both out of a car

any help is welcomed thanks.

·
Registered
398 Posts
use the silver duct tape as a temp fix. You can find one on ebay for about $50.00 I just went thru the same problem!

·
Registered
87' Camry
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
use the silver duct tape as a temp fix. You can find one on ebay for about $50.00 I just went thru the same problem!
thanks appreciate it. i used electrical tape right now as a temp fix, took it around the block and it ran fine actually a little better than it did before. it must have already been cracked before i took it off and it fully cracked when i pulled it off. before i was have an irratic idle from like 500 to 700 rpm now its a steady 500 or so.

thanks for the ebay link :thumbsup:

·
Registered
398 Posts
Thats exactly how mine ran before i found out the hose was cracked. I ordered it, did myself I tune up, replaced it as well and all did good!!

It seems thinner than stock but for 50 bux and a few years of use it's worth it..

·
セクシーの定&#
Camry Touring
891 Posts
You can buy some hose from an auto shop, Autozone? is what i think it's called in the states? Just bring it in and the should be able to match up the inner diameter of the hose. If they don't have the black looking one with the correct bends, you can probably get a fully flexible hose.

Or you could try the junkyard/wreckers for one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts