Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone just curious to see if anyone has used an oil filter relocation kit on the 2vzfe yet?

Not that the filter is a pain to get to but I like to keep things in the bay rather clean on not having to spray brake cleaner up there every time I goto change the oil..

Hopefully someone has.. Doctor J what about you?

·
Bullitprooph
1991 Celica GT-S
1,501 Posts
I would be moderately surprised to learn that someone has bothered to design a relocation kit for the 2VZ. Like my Celica's 5SFE and all the 4AF's, 4AGE's and 3SFE's I've had, these filters are rediculously easy to get at.

If you let the car sit overnight before removing the filter, the drippage is minimal. Unless you use Purolator filters, as they have a much better anti-drainback valve (and they keep more oil in the filter over time).

Why don't you just lean a small piece of cardboard against the block under the filter when you unthread it? It would keep oil off the block...:cool:

·
Registered
91 CAMRY 91 INTEGRA
326 Posts
haha thats true... i got a 2vzfe and i think there is no point of a relocator for this engine cuz its just right there in plain sight lolz

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol guys

I didn't say it was hard to get to, you all are both right it's so easy even a cave man could do it. But I would also like to run a larger ford filter.(napa gold 1515). Thats the point there lol.

I currently do run yota filters on the corolla 7afe and camry but will be buying relocation kits for both of them.

I'll do it and I'll post it up, heck its not like its a waste of money, or it's gonna hurt to do it! Thanks guys

·
Bullitprooph
1991 Celica GT-S
1,501 Posts
I can definitely see the sense in adapting for a larger filter...good luck, and keep us posted. I hate these tiny filters...

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Will do, as soon as I get some free time from work I'll get started on it!

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts