Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if a 2wd trans can be used in an all trac? I have a 93 330K miles all trac with a bad engine and an engine/trans from a 92 2wd with 185K. I'm wondering if I can bolt the transfer case to the 2 wd trans.

Also still in need of flex plate to crank, flex plate to torque conv. bolt torque specs.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1991 Previa 5 speed,
613 Posts
I see that you still don;t have an answer. I have the opposite problem. I have a 91 dual sunroof with a bad tranny, and a 91 alltrac that that was hit hard in the front. I am going to tryto pair them, but that is still a few weeks to a couple months away.... if i get to it before you do, i will keep you posted....

·
Registered
'95 S/C (sold)
136 Posts
cmh1....please post your progress on that project. I have 95 2wd LE and thought about the possibility of an Awd conversion. A list of necessary parts needed is a must and other potential issues.

I would like to get one but couldn't find an Alltrac w/ dual sunroofs. I assume having a solid roof allows for a stiffer platform and will work better on Awd. And w/ that, wondering if the awd will strain the glass roof in the back. Any input on this will be appreciated...

·
Registered
1991 Previa 5 speed,
613 Posts
Well.......... I would Assume that that is why Toyota never did an alltrac with the dual roofs, but I do not know of anyone, or have read of anyone that has done the conversion.so, that is just an assumption.
I have a 5 speed alltrac sitting in my drive that I am contimplating finding a supercharged dual roof van and using that drivetrain in it to make something that really no one has, just for the fun of it.. I have that dual roof van, but it is a 91 and pretty rusty... not something I want to invest the time into...
really, the only difference to the alltract is... The transfer case, a front diff ( there is NO threaded mounts for the front diff on the 2wd. you would have to do a little modification there to get the diff mounted), two front axels , all driveshafts need to be used from the Alltrac donor as the rear one on the alltrac is shorter due to the transfer case. you will also need to use the front hub assemblies as well ( this would be easier than converting the 2wd ones..) that really is all that I can think of...
I am 90% sure that the 4wd tranny will fit in place of the 2wd tranny, you will need to do a little swapping of the nose ( output side ) as the alltrack is set up to bolt to the transfer case and the 2wd has the nosecone and seal. But since I have not done one yet, I can't say for sure...

·
Registered
'06 Seinna XLE AWD, '04 Highlander V6 4WD
1,308 Posts
Wow 5-speed, SC, Alltrac, dual roofs would be the van Toyota SHOULD have built!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts