Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
HiluxSupraISF
4,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well if you knew, Kansas just got a blizzard (it's friking March yo)

I beasted through the Sun, Rain, Snow, and Blizzard with my truck... I even went through 2 lane wide puddles, THAT WAS FUN!

Well, I was on my way home, and i was behind a truck... it loses a chunk of ice/slush mix (about 2 feet tall, maybe 3) and it slaps my truck on the front left valance. my bumper is untouched, but the valance is mangled on the left side

i tried shaping it back with pliers and rubber mallet.. didn't do too good.. looks... bad still

Dad comes in and tells me to leave it and we'll get another

Questions -

Does a 4Runner bottom valance (the facelifted 4runner, 1994) fit my 2wd bumper? i know i will have to trim the middle pieces.

And if i get a 4wd bumper, do i have to use 4wd brackets?

Thanks!

·
TN Member
1986 Toyota Camry
269 Posts
i think a 4wd valance will fit...its the same bumper..and that's what it mounts to...

·
Registered
31 Posts
If its a 2wd 4 runner valance it will fit
If you get a 4wd front bumper and keep your 2wd fenders yes you will need the brackets or redrill the bumper
You should just swap out the whole front end to a 4runner front. Fenders, grill, bumper, etc.
You also never mentioned what year your truck is

·
Off Medication
1990 Sr5 xcab RN90
20 Posts
i swapped my RN90 2wd bumper out for a LN130 surf bumper and the mount brackets were identical (just bolted straight on ) the new LN130 bumper required the matching valance and grill,The valance was a lot taller than the 2wd .I haven't changed the guards yet,BUT the 2wd side lights clipped straight on to the 4wd grill as well

Before

After

·
Registered
HiluxSupraISF
4,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My signature states i have a 1994 Toyota Pickup DLX XCab 22RE RN90 RWD.

Looks like a pretty neat swap you have right there. Well i took my time and banged and bend the old valance back together.

I don't like the 4Runner's bumper, but i like its bottom Valance.

I have put my front end back together, not sure when i'll get new parts but the front end i'm aiming for would be

Facelift 2WD grille (this i have, but its got a small crack on the right side. No big deal for the grille.
This is the grille i have

Bumper would be Facelift 4WD bumper, this has the little "indention" on the middle top section of the bumper.

The Valance would be the Facelift 4Runner Valance, the one that belongs to a facelift 4Runner.

the Fenders would be 4wd/4Runner fenders of course, including the corner lights.

I'm still utilizing my 2WD valance, but if you own a facelift 2WD pickup, you should know how the valance wants to "bend" in, original valance of course. Well i took my rubber mallet and un-mangled my left side. Then i realized i actually bent out this "bend" and did it to the right side. Now the appearance looks more, "Full".

I guess i wont be getting a new front end soon, but thanks for all the replies, especially the replies with the brackets. I just saved me and my dad another $200.

·
Wicked Clown Juggalo
389 Posts
You can go here and check parts interchangability. I am fortunate that they have a location here in town. Their panels are pretty much the same as the ones you find on EBAY with the $60 shipping charges.

http://www.certifit.com/

·
Registered
380 Posts
You can buy a new aftermarket valance for $20 bucks. I just picked one up locally from a place called tiger auto parts.

·
Registered
HiluxSupraISF
4,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You can buy a new aftermarket valance for $20 bucks. I just picked one up locally from a place called tiger auto parts.
You can go here and check parts interchangability. I am fortunate that they have a location here in town. Their panels are pretty much the same as the ones you find on EBAY with the $60 shipping charges.

http://www.certifit.com/
Thanks for the link and information. Certifit has very affordable parts! My conversion may be up to about $210.

Lol i think the 89-91 Grille 4wd makes it look like a bull dog or a semi truck.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Dang you guys luck parts are so cheap up there.
For do a complete 4wd front end conversion would be starting at $400 at least. Thats 2 fenders, corner lights, bumper, hood, valance, and grill. And thats used parts price. Straight from the dealership is way more.
guess thats the price to pay in hawaii

1 - 9 of 9 Posts